Windows 10: Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

Discus and support Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just had to get a new hard drive as my old one died. I already have Windows 10 and need to add it to new hard drive. How do I go about this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dingy Ingy, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

I just had to get a new hard drive as my old one died. I already have Windows 10 and need to add it to new hard drive. How do I go about this?

:)

Dingy Ingy, Sep 19, 2020
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

1. Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive - Similar Threads - Adding already existing

2. Adding drives to existing spanned volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding drives to existing spanned volume: I have 2 14tb drives spanned. I did have 4 additional 1tb drives but had one of them going bad. I removed all 4 of those and installed 2 5tb drive. I go to extend onto them and I get maximum cluster size exceeded error. Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Added External hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Added External hard drive: I recently added an external hard drive to be able to download windows updates since the computer hard drive is so small. At first the windows only took a few GBs but now it is at almost 2 TBs. Why is it taking up so much space and how can I free up some of that space?...
  4. Added hard drive not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added hard drive not recognized by Windows 10: I have a new PC and installed a 1TB hard drive from my old PC containing the OS and all files and software from the old Windows 10 PC. It is formatted NTSF just as the SSD in the new PC. The drive and all partitions are shown as healthy in Disk Management but does not...
  5. Trouble Adding New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Adding New Hard Drive: I'm trying to add a new hard drive and am having problems. I can see the drive in Device Manager, but it is not showing up in Disk Management. Also, when I go to DiskPart > List Disk it isn't showing. I've tried updating the driver in Device Manager and I've also...
  6. transfering an existing windows 10 hard drive with programs to a new windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfering an existing windows 10 hard drive with programs to a new windows 10 pc.: my network cable was hit by lightning and fried the mother board. The hard drive is ok. I was told I could use my drive in a new pc and not loose any programs or data on it. The drive is a SSD drive with a windows 10 system on it. I was told something about migrating the...
  7. Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists.

Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] The service is missing but I did find a wuaserv folder in the registry. I tried adding it back using: sc create wuauserv DisplayName= "Windows Update" binpath= "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p" Start= delayed-auto depend= RpcSs but it...
  8. reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.: My Hard drive recently crashed on my desktop computer. I replaced the drive with a new SSD. How do I reinstall the Win 10 on this new drive? Do I need a product Key? If so how do I get it? My existing license is active and I can use it on multiple computers, up to 10. I...
  9. Using existing hard drive in new machine

Using existing hard drive in new machine: Can I install my existing hard drive with win 10 pro in new machine so that I don't have to reinstall everything? Current machine is 8 years old but has i7 in it....
  10. Partitions added on hard drive

Partitions added on hard drive: I have updated both my laptop and desktop to windows 1803. The SSD on laptop has one additional partition added and my desktop HDD has three additional partitions added. Updated from 1709 to 1803. Both computers have EFI. Both computers work very good but why did 1803 add...