Windows 10: Adding an account

Discus and support Adding an account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently bought a desktop computer with windows 10 and the old owners account is still on there and it's not letting me add any accounts I tried... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jack Steiskal, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Adding an account

I recently bought a desktop computer with windows 10 and the old owners account is still on there and it's not letting me add any accounts I tried clicking on the icon that doesn't work, nothing is working

:)

Jack Steiskal, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Adding an account

Windows 10 slow running performance when joined an AD and using an AD-Account

We recently updated our teams infrastructure to Windows 10 within an AD.

Everything works fine except:
    We're observing slow performance in some situations. First observed was it as our Post-Compiling Powershell skript within VS2017 ran slower than below Windows 7. Google was also not helpful - but by now we hadn't the time to investigate further. Now recently we updated our CI build farm, too (TeamCity as CI Server). There we saw increasing build times by over 100% - a build for reference took 7m33s before the upgrade, after it stays at 17m05s.

Research here at StackExchange and google were not expressive.
    A little more research brought us the finding that if we run the Agent with an local account on the machine (still in AD) we're getting build times around 8m50s.

The buildjob contains different MSBuild steps, nUnint runner and some powershell steps. No network activity - all is done locally on the agent. One MSBuild step took previously 36s and now 1m02s. Same with the NUint step - 30s vs 1m24s (all with the AD-User).

Any suggestion where the problem is?

Hans Martin, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Adding an account

1. Adding an account - Similar Threads - Adding account

2. In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?: I signed in to my Windows 11 PC using a personal Microsoft account. However, my Outlook and Office are using a Microsoft 365 organization account.I was trying to turn on Bitlocker for a particular drive. It says the following about the recovery key:In which Azure AD account...
  3. In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?: I signed in to my Windows 11 PC using a personal Microsoft account. However, my Outlook and Office are using a Microsoft 365 organization account.I was trying to turn on Bitlocker for a particular drive. It says the following about the recovery key:In which Azure AD account...
  4. After adding my work account to OneDrive, my local document files are all gone. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After adding my work account to OneDrive, my local document files are all gone. How can I...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11/‎22/‎2022 OS build 22631.4169 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1034.0 I added my work's OneDrive account to my laptop. After, my personal OneDrive opened after never being opened before. Half of my...
  5. After adding my work account to OneDrive, my local document files are all gone. How can I...

After adding my work account to OneDrive, my local document files are all gone. How can I...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎11/‎22/‎2022 OS build 22631.4169 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1034.0 I added my work's OneDrive account to my laptop. After, my personal OneDrive opened after never being opened before. Half of my...
  6. I have an installed app that is not in the app list of an account I added.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an installed app that is not in the app list of an account I added.: I installed an app in the manager user account John on a WIndows 11 unit. When I added a standard user account Jane the app is not in the app list. The other apps installed in John's account show up in Jane's....
  7. I have an installed app that is not in the app list of an account I added.

I have an installed app that is not in the app list of an account I added.: I installed an app in the manager user account John on a WIndows 11 unit. When I added a standard user account Jane the app is not in the app list. The other apps installed in John's account show up in Jane's....
  8. Adding another account to the PC launches lsusrmgr instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding another account to the PC launches lsusrmgr instead: On most of my Windows 11 PCs, clicking Add account to the Accounts > Other Users tab will launch this, which is what the documentation everywhere says:However, on one PC, clicking the same Add account button in Accounts > Other Users will launch the legacy lsusrmgr snap-in....
  9. Adding another account to the PC launches lsusrmgr instead

Adding another account to the PC launches lsusrmgr instead: On most of my Windows 11 PCs, clicking Add account to the Accounts > Other Users tab will launch this, which is what the documentation everywhere says:However, on one PC, clicking the same Add account button in Accounts > Other Users will launch the legacy lsusrmgr snap-in....
  10. What do I do if my account was hacked and a fraudulent credit card was added to my account...

What do I do if my account was hacked and a fraudulent credit card was added to my account...: My account was hacked and someone used a fraudulent credit card to purchase an Xbox and 3 giftcards. I reported the account activity as not me, changed my password and canceled part of the order it would not let me cancel the giftcards. What else can I do? I can't investigate...