Windows 10: adding an alias

Discus and support adding an alias in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to add a different email to my microsoft account since the one associated with my account currently is quite old and was made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DroP FeeDzz, Jun 24, 2020.

1. adding an alias

Hello,

I'm trying to add a different email to my microsoft account since the one associated with my account currently is quite old and was made probably 10 years ago. I was wanting to add my personal email to the account but every time I attempt to add it, it says, " This email address is already taken. Please try another." I'm then unable to add my email because it is apparently taken, though I don't know how that can be.

:)

DroP FeeDzz, Jun 24, 2020

2. Verification code is not being accepted after adding phone number to alias account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Provide more information to help you better:

• Are you trying to verify the Microsoft account?

• What happens when you are trying to verify the account?

Sorry to inform you that there is no option to add a telephone number as Alias.

I suggest you to refer to the following article to verify the account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/account-security-password-information

You may also refer to the following article to add an alias.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-alias-account

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 24, 2020
  3. I would like to change my windows live account which was a vz email acct that now has an outlook.com alias and start over with only a windows live login/ no alias.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I will certainly help you.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove an alias

I suggest you to refer to the section Remove an alias from your account from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Step 2: To create a new account.

• Click on Go to Outloo.com on this page.
    • Click on Sign up now.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you

Abdul_Malik, Jun 24, 2020
  4. adding an alias

Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

adding an alias

1. adding an alias - Similar Threads - adding alias

2. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  3. Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." When trying...: I am attempting to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but I keep getting the error message:"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias."This occurs after I enter the phone number, followed by a entering a verification code sent directly to...
  4. Newly added alias will not verify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly added alias will not verify.: I have successfully added a second email account alias with the intention of making it the new primary alias. I have gone through the process of trying to verify the new alias via the emailed link, about 6 times. Each time, I have been able to use the email link and re-sign...
  5. Newly added alias will not verify.

Newly added alias will not verify.: I have successfully added a second email account alias with the intention of making it the new primary alias. I have gone through the process of trying to verify the new alias via the emailed link, about 6 times. Each time, I have been able to use the email link and re-sign...
  6. Newly added alias will not verify.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".: When I want to add a phone number to my information, I get an error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.". And when I put a different alias, I get the same error....
  8. "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".

"This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.".: When I want to add a phone number to my information, I get an error: "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.". And when I put a different alias, I get the same error....
  9. Why do I keep getting "This alias cannot be added to your account."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting "This alias cannot be added to your account.": Error: This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.I'm just trying to add my phone number to my only Microsoft account and I keep getting this error over and over. It's quite frustrating and I'm really not finding any solutions online other than...
  10. Why do I keep getting "This alias cannot be added to your account."

Why do I keep getting "This alias cannot be added to your account.": Error: This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias.I'm just trying to add my phone number to my only Microsoft account and I keep getting this error over and over. It's quite frustrating and I'm really not finding any solutions online other than...