Windows 10: Adding an application to the search bar

Discus and support Adding an application to the search bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I do that? I had python 3.7 and 3.10 on my pc. When I searched "Python", "Python 3.7" showed up and nothing else. So I specifically added the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AleksanderBR, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Adding an application to the search bar

How do I do that? I had python 3.7 and 3.10 on my pc. When I searched "Python", "Python 3.7" showed up and nothing else. So I specifically added the python 3.10 folder to indexing. Still nothing. Tried typing in exactly "Python 3.10" Nothing. I uninstalled python 3.7. Restarted the PC. Indexed everything again. And still, python 3.7 shows up, and 3.10 doesn't.

:)

AleksanderBR, Oct 22, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 22, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Adding an application to the search bar

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Adding an application to the search bar

1. Adding an application to the search bar - Similar Threads - Adding application search

2. Windows 11 search bar ads!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search bar ads!!!: Today I used search bar in the start menu of windows 11 and found ads in it. I'd like to know if it is microsoft, or a third party malware that put that there? And also how can I remove it! Here's a picture.Thanks...
  3. Windows 11 search bar ads!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 search bar ads!!!: Today I used search bar in the start menu of windows 11 and found ads in it. I'd like to know if it is microsoft, or a third party malware that put that there? And also how can I remove it! Here's a picture.Thanks...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad: HiI noticed that recently like within the last week or so there is something new appearing in the search section on the task bar near the start button. It is on right side of search where it says "Type here to search". When I select the icon it shows news, weather etc. I do...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad: HiI noticed that recently like within the last week or so there is something new appearing in the search section on the task bar near the start button. It is on right side of search where it says "Type here to search". When I select the icon it shows news, weather etc. I do...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Search Bar has Ad

7. Adding an application to the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding an application to the search bar: How do I do that? I had python 3.7 and 3.10 on my pc. When I searched "Python", "Python 3.7" showed up and nothing else. So I specifically added the python 3.10 folder to indexing. Still nothing. Tried typing in exactly "Python 3.10" Nothing. I uninstalled python 3.7....
  8. Adding an application to the search bar

in Cortana
    Adding an application to the search bar: How do I do that? I had python 3.7 and 3.10 on my pc. When I searched "Python", "Python 3.7" showed up and nothing else. So I specifically added the python 3.10 folder to indexing. Still nothing. Tried typing in exactly "Python 3.10" Nothing. I uninstalled python 3.7....
  9. Using search bars crashes the application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using search bars crashes the application: Hey guys, After updating to the latest version, whenever I use a windows search bar start menu, settings, the application I'm using it from crashes. I tried rolling back the update but the issue persists. I considered the possibility of files being corrupted, so I ran SFC...
  10. Search bar within the Calendar application is missing.

Search bar within the Calendar application is missing.: Hello People, I would like to know if it's just me or the search within the application, Calendar, has been removed? I used that feature quite often and noticed it has been removed some months ago. The actual version 16005.12527.20152.0 doesn't have any type of search...