Windows 10: adding an existing child accnt to a PC

Discus and support adding an existing child accnt to a PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 3 child accounts, I am attempting to add to a PC. I was able to make local accounts for them but every time I try to log them into their... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mailmannation86, Feb 26, 2020.

1. adding an existing child accnt to a PC

I have 3 child accounts, I am attempting to add to a PC.
    I was able to make local accounts for them but every time I try to log them into their Microsoft account it says that It cant.
    I have tried making accounts from the parent profile but it fails with no explanation.

:)

mailmannation86, Feb 26, 2020

2. adding an existing account to family as a child

I am trying to add an existing account to my family as a child account. I have gotten as far as sending an invitation to his gmail account, and he has logged on and accepted the invitation. Now the problem. On one computer screen, it now lists him as
    a child in the family, but on another screen at the same time, it says that the status in pending until he accepts the invitation to join. Until this is resolved, I cannot set parental controls. Any ideas? I have already waited about an hour for the screens
    to sync.

JenGregory, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Hi Amy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that your child’s account is already linked to Microsoft Family, you can add your child’s account to your laptop by following the steps from the section
    Add an existing child account on your PC to your family from the article

Add members to your Microsoft family.

However, for additional information refer to the article
    Set up accounts

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

adding an existing child accnt to a PC

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

adding an existing child accnt to a PC

1. adding an existing child accnt to a PC - Similar Threads - adding existing child

2. Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety: I created a child account for my daughter, but I encountered an error when I'm about to finish the process saying, "it's not you, it's us". Now the account has been created as I can login to windows using the account but when I am trying to add it in family safety, I still...
  3. Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety: I created a child account for my daughter, but I encountered an error when I'm about to finish the process saying, "it's not you, it's us". Now the account has been created as I can login to windows using the account but when I am trying to add it in family safety, I still...
  4. Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding REALMS To Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding REALMS To Child Account: I'm trying to add a REALMS subscription to an account monitored by Microsoft Family Safety. I was able to get an XBOX Game Pass Ultimate on this account but I can't seem to get REALMS to subscribe. It doesn't give much info on how to do it...just shows this...What is the...
  6. Error adding child to family

Error adding child to family: Trying to add a child to my family group. After going through and giving consent, I get this error screen. MS support has told me there's nothing they can do about it and they referred me here. Is anyone able to help with this?...
  7. Adding device to child's account

Adding device to child's account: Hello, I am trying to add a device to my child's account. I see the device in the device page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and it is listed under my name and not my child's. When I look at devices linked to my child, I get a page with a message: "We don't see...
  8. change my child microsoft accnt

change my child microsoft accnt: my child lost his microsoft password and before that we had to open a new gmail accnt becasue he also lost the password to that accnt.. the reset email on the microsoft accnt is the gmail address he lost.. his accnt is mannaged by my microsoft accnt as a family member.. is...
  9. Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue

Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue: Hi, I am attempting to add a child through the family section on Xbox and it is asking for 50p to be added to the child account before I can do this. My issue is that on my Microsoft account on the section to add funds on to child's account it continuously says please try...
  10. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop: I have a new laptop and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation because he already exists....