Windows 10: Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Discus and support Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a new laptop and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JacquelineMiller68, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

I have a new laptop and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation because he already exists.

:)

JacquelineMiller68, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Hi Amy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that your child’s account is already linked to Microsoft Family, you can add your child’s account to your laptop by following the steps from the section
    Add an existing child account on your PC to your family from the article

Add members to your Microsoft family.

However, for additional information refer to the article
    Set up accounts

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 29, 2018
  3. AmyBielma Win User

I have a new laptop (Win 10) and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation because he already exists.

AmyBielma, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

adding an existing account to family as a child

I am trying to add an existing account to my family as a child account. I have gotten as far as sending an invitation to his gmail account, and he has logged on and accepted the invitation. Now the problem. On one computer screen, it now lists him as
    a child in the family, but on another screen at the same time, it says that the status in pending until he accepts the invitation to join. Until this is resolved, I cannot set parental controls. Any ideas? I have already waited about an hour for the screens
    to sync.

JenGregory, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop - Similar Threads - Adding existing family

2. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...
  3. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  4. Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child

Family Saftey with Windows 10 - Adding Second Device to Child: We have two computers. Both show-up in my Microsoft account. My daughter is already in my Microsoft Family. I can track her activity on only one of the two computers. In my Microsoft account, I noticed that under her account it says: Devices connected to this...
  5. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Adding Netflix app to my childs account: Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is...
  6. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Netflix app to my childs account: Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is...
  7. microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device: i have 2 child accounts set up on my laptop with time limits set for both accounts - different times set for both. one account works and restrictions apply, the other account has access all the time the child logs in. do the accounts have to be on 2 different...
  8. Remove child from Windows family account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove child from Windows family account: I get a message that "You'll need to remove consent first". Then I have to select manage my child's profile, then select remove consent from this child's account. When I do the above I get the following screen information: Manage permissions In the United States, South...
  9. Adding Family Account

Adding Family Account: Hi all I recently completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but found I could not log onto a family account I had made for my grandson. I eventually decided to delete the account and create a new one. I successfully deleted the account but now when I try to create a new...
  10. Existing child account - how to make a new Admin account

Existing child account - how to make a new Admin account: Hi. I'm getting a bit confused about how to set up child's laptop with me as an Administrator. I've read a few internet articles but they all seem to start by assuming that you have set up the computer in your own name first and are then adding a child. I put the child's name...