Windows 10: Adding an item to the new context menu.

Discus and support Adding an item to the new context menu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maelstorm.1973, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Adding an item to the new context menu.

I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer work. Obviously, there is a way to do it because major software like LIbreOffice can do it. So, what is the procedure?

:)

Maelstorm.1973, Oct 2, 2020
  2. User919 Win User
    User919, Oct 2, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Adding an item to the new context menu.

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Adding an item to the new context menu.

1. Adding an item to the new context menu. - Similar Threads - Adding item context

2. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  3. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  4. Adding NEW file types to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding NEW file types to context menu: Hello, I would like to add file type .FC7 to my right click (context) NEW menu so I can open a new FastCad drawing in any folder. I found one link that showed how to do this, but it did not work for me. Basically it added a key under the HK_CLASSES_ROOT tree, adding a...
  5. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  6. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  7. Change Item Order in "New" Context Menu?

Change Item Order in "New" Context Menu?: W10: LTSB 2016 (build 1607). Basically this menu: [ATTACH] Is there a way to sort the order? Other methods don't seem to work with this sub-menu. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! :) 154136
  8. Rename item in New context menu

Rename item in New context menu: There are many well descripted sources about how to add/delete item from context menu new – for instance Edit, Add, Remove items from New Context Menu in Windows 10 – but none of them states how to rename such item in reliable way. I found article Change Name/Description...
  9. Adding excel in new context menu

Adding excel in new context menu: Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx [img] I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net. I restarted my computer...
  10. Arranging Context Menu Items.

Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...