Windows 10: Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

Discus and support Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Need help in adding "Authenticated Users" group to group(Docker-Users) created by Application "Docker for Windows" through Powershell.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sai Yeshwanth, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

Hi,

Need help in adding "Authenticated Users" group to group(Docker-Users) created by Application "Docker for Windows" through Powershell.

Platform: Windows 10

Machine is in Domain. While trying to add, we needed to change Scope to Local Machine for Authenticated Users to appear, then we were able to add.

Now we need to implement the same thing through Powershell.

Application requires Authenticated Users group to be in Docker-users group.

Kindly provide a way if possible through Powershell to achieve the above scenario.

:)

Sai Yeshwanth, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Goatberg Win User

NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users added to Users group upon every restart

I have a Windows 10 computer that I would only like certain users on a domain to be able to login to. Lets say limit access to only those users in the group named football.

I have added the football group to the Windows users group. The computer is on a domain and I noticed the following two groups both of which I removed from the Windows users group.

• NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
    • NT AUTHORITY\Interactive
    I have tested that NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users is allowing users outside of the football group to login to the computer and this is not wanted.

If I remove both of these groups from the Windows users group then they will reappear upon every restart of the computer. This did not have with Windows 7. This seems to be a security problem???

Goatberg, Oct 1, 2018
  3. hameed22 Win User
    Enable Snipping Tool for some of the AD Users in Group Policy

Need to Enable Snipping Tool for some of the AD Users in Group Policy, we have blocked for most of the AD users but now operation has suggested to enable snipping tool for selected AD users.

hameed22, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

1. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group - Similar Threads - Adding Authenticated Users

2. Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue: Hi,I have created a AD user and that AD user should be allow to access on specify computer or machine. I know I can create an OU and put the client Computer there and create a GPO.But I have 100 Users and 100 Client Computers and I cannot create for each user or each client...
  3. Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue: Hi,I have created a AD user and that AD user should be allow to access on specify computer or machine. I know I can create an OU and put the client Computer there and create a GPO.But I have 100 Users and 100 Client Computers and I cannot create for each user or each client...
  4. Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another: When a user is added to one on-prem AD security group, make it so they are automatically added to another on-prem AD security group. Is this possible? I'm trying to make it so the Accounts team doesn't have to remember to add a user to 2 AD groups. I'm also trying to do this...
  5. Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another: When a user is added to one on-prem AD security group, make it so they are automatically added to another on-prem AD security group. Is this possible? I'm trying to make it so the Accounts team doesn't have to remember to add a user to 2 AD groups. I'm also trying to do this...
  6. Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10: Hi yall,not sure how to put this question, I'm a beginner when it comes to these things,what I am trying to do is to create a group that I will add my 2 kids accounts to and control what the kids are allowed to do when logged in with their accounts to my pc using group...
  8. Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

Adding Azure AD group to local group fails: The command below fails with error "there is no such global user or group: AzureAd\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"net localgroup administrators "AzureAD\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" /AddI have tried using the SID, no AzureAD, and no domain and...
  9. Adding Another User to MY PC

Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  10. Removing the primary User and adding another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing the primary User and adding another: I bought my wife a new notebook and I am configuring her previous system. I want to remove her User name and all associated data, and add my name as the primary User. I cannot just do a rename, for that does not work. How do I do this properly?...