Windows 10: adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D

Discus and support adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Warning of too little space remaining on drive D is very annoying sound and message in right bottom of screen. I have tried to expand the size of D,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bobfbi, Dec 5, 2018.

1. bobfbi Win User

adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D

Warning of too little space remaining on drive D is very annoying sound and message in right bottom of screen. I have tried to expand the size of D, but it is greyed out on storage management and right click just says "HELP". Using command prompts does not let me increase the size either. Is there any other option found. Windows 10

:)

bobfbi, Dec 5, 2018
  2. TonyJ.M. Win User

Windows upgrade downloading on recovery partition (drive Dadding available space from Drive C  to  Recovery partition D :) instead of main partition (drive Cadding available space from Drive C  to  Recovery partition D :)

I'm currently running Windows 7. Windows 10 upgrade downloading on recovery partition (drive Dadding available space from Drive C  to  Recovery partition D :) instead of main partition (drive Cadding available space from Drive C  to  Recovery partition D :). Is this normal? My recovery drive doesn't have enough space even though my main drive is almost empty. How do I fix
    this?

TonyJ.M., Dec 5, 2018
  3. Low space in C drive,Recovery partition is empty.

I bought a tablet iBall slide 701 (7"). After upgrading to Windows 10, I clean installed Windows 10 using RESET option. It is a 16 GB device (14.7 GB available-10GB to C drive and 4.3 GB to Recovery Partition).

Now my problem is C drive has only 2.8 GB of free space while the Recovery partition seems empty (Saw using Disk Manager). I know this is odd because this is my second tablet which is replaced by retailer because 1st one has some touch problems. I did upgraded
    and clean installed Windows 10 in 1st device also. But it has more than 6GB free space in C while more than 3GB occupied in Recovery Partition. How to move these recovery files to that partition and free up the space in C drive?

Hari PrasadReddy, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Saltgrass Win User

c drive and d drive disk particitions space

Any chance you could use the snipping tool to take a picture of your Disk Management window and attach?

Depending if there is a Recovery partition after the C partition, you may need to remove the D partition and extend C then recreate D in the space available.

If you are restricted by a recovery partition you will need to use a third party disk management software.

Saltgrass, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. adding available space from Drive C to Recovery partition D - Similar Threads - adding available space

2. Recovery partition after "C:" Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery partition after "C:" Drive: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why this occurred & any way to fix that. It's not actually necessary but it hinders my ability to add more storage to the system. Thanks in advance...
  3. Recovery Drive D: out of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Drive D: out of space: I've been getting a note that Drive D; is running out of space. When I select Drive D: the only option is Help. I reduced Drive C: by 5GB but can't expand Drive D: Disk Management shows 260 MB Healthy Ef, WIndows C: 909.98 GB, 4.88 GTB Unallocated, 980 MB Healthy Recov,...
  4. Partitioned drives C vs D

Partitioned drives C vs D: Hi I bought a new Windows 10 notebook. I did not realize that the data storage was partitioned. I have 119 GB on C: "Windows" and 930 GB on D: "data drive". My files do not all fit on C:. I assume the data on the D drive loses some functionality, but I don't know what...
  5. Combining C: and D: drive partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combining C: and D: drive partitions: A couple weeks ago my PC had some problems and i had to send it somewhere to fix it, now when it came back, it has two partitions, and the problem is, D: has way more memory than C: (more precisely, D: has around 850 GB and C: has 150 GB) and I really wanted to combine them...
  6. Space in Recovery Drive (D)

Space in Recovery Drive (D): My HP_RECOVERY (D) Drive has used 9.39 GB from 10.6 GB - is this normal and to be expected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/space-in-recovery-drive-d/b358918b-353e-43cd-a1f4-105e0d40e737
  7. Move free space from D drive to C Drive

Move free space from D drive to C Drive: Hi, I am receiving messages saying my storage is full. Disk manager shows no free space on C drive, but 913GB free on D drive, how can I reallocate free space from D to C? Thanks...
  8. recovery d partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery d partition: how do I find out what files were mistakenly saved to the recovery d partition and can they be deleted without screwing up the recovery info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-d-partition/d13b5aff-6002-4804-b3f7-b7e8f958f561
  9. Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.

Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.: My Recovery D is full and is all red . I had to do a recovery and it couldn't remove enough without destroying important and computer info. I do not want community please. I don't understand very well. **Title modified from: I have no recovery space it's all red***...
  10. Add recovery partition into C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add recovery partition into C drive: I just deleted the content (through the recovery software) of the recovery partition (D drive) in my laptop which had an older OS in it. I would like to add the space in this partition into the C drive, basically eliminating this recovery partition and expanding C the amount...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add space to recovery drive windows 10

2. add disk space to windows recovery partition

3. windows 10 add space to partition c from partion= d

4. cant add space to my recovery partition,
  5. add space to windows 10 recovery partition