Windows 10: Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

Discus and support Adding Azure AD group to local group fails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The command below fails with error "there is no such global user or group: AzureAd\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"net localgroup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim_9876, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Tim_9876 Win User

Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

The command below fails with error "there is no such global user or group: AzureAd\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"net localgroup administrators "AzureAD\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" /AddI have tried using the SID, no AzureAD, and no domain and all return the same error.However I can run the same command with a user account and it is successful.

:)

Tim_9876, Jul 13, 2021

2. Does Group sync from OnPrem AD to AD Connect to Azure Devops

We have connected our AD via Azure AD connect with Azure Active Directory, The Azure Devops (pipeline)

group is not syncing to the Azure AD, We have to manually add users to the Azure Devops (VSTS) What could be the issue ?

Premkumar_1981, Jul 13, 2021
  3. egray Win User
    Azure AD user's group membership

I'm trying to figure out if a user who logs into Azure AD has the following group:

NT AUTHORITY\Cloud Account Authentication

I don't have Azure AD, so I can't check.

So, could someone who has a Azure AD login on a Windows 10 client please run a "whoami /groups" and tell me if that group appears in the list?

egray, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

Difference between Azure AD and On-premise AD

Dear Support,

Can we achieve On-Premise features like group policy, OU structure and others in Azure AD?

Please specify difference between Azure AD and On-premise AD.

My main objective is to completely move on Azure AD.

Please Help

Regards

Dhiraj Pandey

DhirajPandey- [O365], Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

1. Adding Azure AD group to local group fails - Similar Threads - Adding Azure group

2. Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group: I am trying to do a bulk operation to set Group Write-back state of Azure AD groups to "Security" but am not able to achieve this using powershell. Is there a possible way to automate this using powershell?...
  3. Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group: I am trying to do a bulk operation to set Group Write-back state of Azure AD groups to "Security" but am not able to achieve this using powershell. Is there a possible way to automate this using powershell?...
  4. Powershell command for enabling Group-Writeback state of an Azure AD Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AD Security groups best practice

AD Security groups best practice: So I'm trying to do a bit of cleanup in our org. All folders have individuals in them. I want to switch to security groups. So HR for instance. 2 HR managers have full access. But one user has modify access. So I assume I would create 1 group for full access with the 2...
  6. AD Security groups best practice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AD Security groups best practice: So I'm trying to do a bit of cleanup in our org. All folders have individuals in them. I want to switch to security groups. So HR for instance. 2 HR managers have full access. But one user has modify access. So I assume I would create 1 group for full access with the 2...
  7. AD Security Groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD Security Groups: I need to create a new Security Group in On-Prem ADThis group will be included with domain users members, and i need to exclude domain admin group and service account group members.Can you help me on this ?...
  8. AD Security Groups

AD Security Groups: I need to create a new Security Group in On-Prem ADThis group will be included with domain users members, and i need to exclude domain admin group and service account group members.Can you help me on this ?...
  9. Adding group to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding group to Taskbar: Hello maybe wrong section but not sure where else to ask, does Windows 10 support adding a GROUP of apps to TaskBar (example a folder with multiple apps in it) like a communications folder with all my communications apps inside rather than have 10 apps all along bottom more...
  10. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group: Hi, Need help in adding "Authenticated Users" group to group(Docker-Users) created by Application "Docker for Windows" through Powershell. Platform: Windows 10 Machine is in Domain. While trying to add, we needed to change Scope to Local Machine for Authenticated Users...