Windows 10: Adding background music

Discus and support Adding background music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used one of the background music clips that came with the Video Editor. The music popup says "the music automatically adjusts to the length of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by k.f.rogersk.f.rogers, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Adding background music

I used one of the background music clips that came with the Video Editor. The music popup says "the music automatically adjusts to the length of the video." However, the music stops before the end of the video, which is 39 seconds long. In addition, I clicked "Sync your video to the beat of the music," but that is not occurring.s even after I export it. Please let me know how to modify. Thanks!

:)

k.f.rogersk.f.rogers, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

adding background music to video

You need a video editing program to do that. Because you tell you have no experience, I recommend you start with a free one before spending money, to see if video editing is something you might get interested in.

In my opinion, the absolutely easiest to use and by far the best of all free editors is OpenShot (OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!)

It is Open Source (Open source - Wikipedia), free with no hidden costs for additional features.

When installed, run OpenShot. List numbers refer to numbers in screenshot:
    1. Select Project Files
    2. Click + to browse to and import your video
    3. Video will be added to Project Files
    4. Drag the video to timeline, to any free track. Be sure to add video so that beginning of it touches the red vertical line at beginning of the track
    5. Right click video track, select Separate Audio > Single clip

Adding background music [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Audio will be separated from video and moved to another track. Select the audio track, right click it and select Remove Clip:

Audio track will be cleared, the original audio of your video removed.

Import your music file to Project Files exactly as you imported the video, and drag it to any free track.

Usually the added audio track is not the same length than the video. If your music lasts longer than the video, go to end of timeline and drag audio track content so that it ends at the same point than video:

If your music track is shorter than video, you can add it again at the end of current audio track.

Now you can export (save) the video:

That's it! Easy, fast and free.

Note Please notice that if you want to publish the video on social media, YouTube and such, you must own copyrights for audio and video content, or have copyright owner's permission. On my 100+ Windows videos, when I feel the video needs some background music, I use the copyright free music from https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music. Another free source is the Free Music Archive.

3. Background music

When I tried it a few nights ago the sound disappeared. Today my husband used my computer and the dreadful, annoying, background music is back. The steps you listed above are not working. Any ideas?

BeckyBarkhurst, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Tsw88 Win User

Adding background music

adding background music to video

I have a video taken at a silent background but there is still some little noise.

I'd like to remove all the audio and then add a background music of my choice

to the video.

What is the easiest way to do so? I have no video editing experience

Tsw88, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Adding background music

1. Adding background music - Similar Threads - Adding background music

2. Unrequested background music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unrequested background music: In my video I have added custom audio, but in one of the songs there is unrequested background music bleeding through. Why, and how can I remove it? I have deleted the affected audio file and reloaded it, but the unasked for background music still comes through....
  3. Unrequested background music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unrequested background music: In my video I have added custom audio, but in one of the songs there is unrequested background music bleeding through. Why, and how can I remove it? I have deleted the affected audio file and reloaded it, but the unasked for background music still comes through....
  4. music playing in the background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    music playing in the background: I keep hearing a music loop in the background and i cant find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/music-playing-in-the-background/4287a6f5-6663-4a92-be62-eeb1d9964533
  5. Background Music

Background Music: I have placed videos and photos in my project and added background music. where my videos are I want to hear that sound not the background music. I can't find where to reduce the background music. Is this possible. Thanks...
  6. background music

background music: Hi, I am a teacher currently using Zoom to teach. I am trying to use Microsoft Video Editor to add title cards and background music to the recordings of the Zoom sessions. How do I use background music for parts of the video, and not all? Thanks...
  7. BACKGROUND MUSIC

in Windows 10 Customization
    BACKGROUND MUSIC: How do I stop background music on lap top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-music/f8949f68-0c71-44f2-87fa-eadee5b6a680
  8. video editor adding background music

video editor adding background music: I've added a selected background music choice. However when I play the video (time lapse composed of 800 photos, it skips (has short sections of no sound) many times in the 3 minute duration. How do I make it play continuously? Also it ends about a second or so too soon. How...
  9. background music

background music: how do I add background music to slideshow in photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-music/68432513-bfc2-4e25-893d-43147430e80a
  10. Background Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Music: Hello, I made some video clips from pictures and films I took some years ago on our family tour. The total length of them all is about 50 minutes, I want to add some background music, and make a DVD. Coming to music, searched the internet, all I found were some "relaxation"...