Windows 10: Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account

Discus and support Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have successfully added my bt email account to the windows 10 mail app. However, when I go to people, my contacts are not there. I have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JT_1969, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JT_1969 Win User

Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account

I have successfully added my bt email account to the windows 10 mail app.

However, when I go to people, my contacts are not there.

I have tried to import contacts and configure via advanced setup.

I have used the email settings provided by BT.

incoming server mail.btinternet.com:993:1

outgoing server mail.btinternet.com:465:1

IMAP4

But it just returns error code 0x80004005.

Any suggestions please?

:)

JT_1969, Apr 8, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Mystere Win User
    Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

First, response time is only rapid because when using outlook or other supported email accounts, email notifications come instantly, while with POP3 accounts they still have to be polled on a timer. So, you will probably find that POP3 is just as slow with the mail app as it is with live mail.

Second, when you add a pop mail account, you typically have to scroll the list of types and it's not obvious and choose the advanced type.

Mystere, Apr 8, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account - Similar Threads - Adding email account

2. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail: I cannot get Mail to enable additional email accounts. I have one account that runs perfectly. I want to add a further account using the same ISP. The second account is installed using the same server settings as the first with different email address and password but it will...
  5. windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue: Hello, When I started with my current computer I was able to use the Mail app to add contact information from received emails directly into the people app. All I had to do was click on the name and either save it or open contact and it would take me to the people app...
  6. Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account: I would like to add my contact list from Outlook to my Windows 10 Mail account, Can this be done? I have also tried to add an email address from a sent email but I cannot find the "save" icon on my mail page. Many thanks....
  7. BT Email account

BT Email account: When I try to syc my emails I get an error code: ox80072ee7 What can I do to fix this? Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bt-email-account/458444af-bec7-40ff-acd3-db8fbda576c8
  8. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

Adding accounts to mail for windows 10: Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts? Thank...
  9. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  10. secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app: I am trying to help my pa set up a new linx 1010 tablet. I have linked the main email account but the two secondary accounts have a warning symbol and 'require attention'. When you select the account it says 'still working on it' but nothing seems to happen. these are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error message adding contact email address on yahoo contact

2. window mail error 0x80004005 O365 account

3. windows 10 mail icloud not working