Windows 10: Adding columns in the start menu

Discus and support Adding columns in the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wzor, Jul 25, 2015.

1. wzor Win User

Adding columns in the start menu

Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two?

Adding columns in the start menu [​IMG]

:)

2. Adjust the Number of Columns in the Start Menu beyond 4

SRFreeman:

Kindly tell me how to resize the Start menu other than putting it into full screen mode. I have tried to do that and it is not intuitive, at least to me.

Perhaps, once the start menu is resized I will be able to add more columns. If you know how adding more columns can be accomplished I would love the benefit of your knowledge. I am new to Win10 having moved from XP so I am quite behind the curve.

And I do stand behind my "do all the steps" comment which was not meant to be derogatory but rather to help insure that the advise given solved the issue intended. I do believe the steps given were in good faith but they did not solve the problem as I outlined
    my steps in my reply.

Clear and correct advise to solve a problem/issue are truly treasured by all in the Microsoft Community that have a similar problem.

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide with my concern.

Jim

JP Surface Book, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Adjust the Number of Columns in the Start Menu beyond 4

Does anybody know how to increase the number of tile columns in the start menu? I would like to organize my start menu so I can see all the tiles and don't have to scroll down.

You can set the columns to four in settings I know but I have seen screen shots of screens with two sets of three and two sets of four columns side by side.

Would love to be able to have two sets of four columns (total of eight columns wide).

I used to have 2 sets of three columns and then my system mysteriously changed to just one set of three. Adding more columns in settings only gets me to four columns. I can't figure out how to get back to the two sets of columns I had before.

Thank you..

JP Surface Book, Jul 25, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

How I did it:
    1 Go to settings => Personalization => Start.. then turn Full Screen on.
    2 Add something to the start menu when you open up the start menu(full)
    3. Go back and turn the Full Screen Off.

4. You then should be able to stretch the menu by another column.

Adding columns in the start menu [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  5. wzor Win User
    Well because the picture is so small, you can't see that it's tablet mode. I only have one column with fullscreen.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Sorry.. didn't notice that. *Smile
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding columns in the start menu - Similar Threads - Adding columns start

2. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  3. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  4. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  5. Ability to remove "Recomended" column from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ability to remove "Recomended" column from start menu: The "Recommended" column at the start menu is simply displaying "To show your recent files and new apps, turn them on in Settings"I tried by enabling it, still I found no use of it as it is displaying a few random files that I openSo if I could disable this column, then I...
  6. Ability to remove "Recomended" column from start menu

Ability to remove "Recomended" column from start menu: The "Recommended" column at the start menu is simply displaying "To show your recent files and new apps, turn them on in Settings"I tried by enabling it, still I found no use of it as it is displaying a few random files that I openSo if I could disable this column, then I...
  7. apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu: apps appear on desktop but not in left column start menu. Hw do I get them into left column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-appear-on-desktop-but-not-in-left-column-of/35030156-f511-4506-9642-eb3c3b4d9c73
  8. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  9. Adding Options To Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Options To Start Menu: I don't know about anyone else but I had a plain looking start menu that was tiny with no options. It's easy to fix.. Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize > Then Add what you like. I was going to make a tutorial on this but it seemed too...
  10. How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?: How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu? I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only one row of tiles and I would like to make the column narrower, but I haven't been able to. I made the double arrows show on the...