Windows 10: Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10

Discus and support Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. It appears that Windows 10 may have done away with the ability to add comments to files/folders in File Explorer. There used to be an option in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thefonebug, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10

Hi.

It appears that Windows 10 may have done away with the ability to add comments to files/folders in File Explorer. There used to be an option in the details tab under properties but I don't seem to be able to find it. The option to checkbox comments as a column to add to file explorer, there seems like there is no way to create a comment.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

:)

thefonebug, Oct 14, 2016

2. File explorer file properties

File Explorer will not display comments added to files - more than 5000 of them - I previously created in Windows XP. The ability to add comments to a media file and then sort on this detail was invaluable to me. Even if I could re-type them all, there
    does not appear to me a way to add comments in Win 10 - even though it is possible to display the empty column. ???

RichardMestler, Oct 14, 2016
  3. adding items in "send to" in file explorer

How can I add items in "send to" in file explorer. The only item that shows up is Blue tooth.

JoeGurowka, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10

Not all file types have comments in Windows.

I just created a jpg on my W10 Home laptop.
    It had the same options in its "Properties" window as W7 does.
    I could add a comment to it.

Maybe your system has a glitch or corrupted system file. *Confused

lehnerus2000, Oct 14, 2016
  5. Maybe. First I'm going to try some different file types...starting with a .jpg

thefonebug, Oct 14, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, just come across this which I think will interest you- seems very competent.

File Metadata - Download File Meta 1.3

1. Explorer with normal view of details pane for txt

Attachment 106034

2. Configuration screen for program
    Attachment 106035

3. Result with several added editable fields and added comment
    Attachment 106037

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10

1. Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adding Comments Files

2. Files being added in File Explore by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files being added in File Explore by Microsoft: HelloThese are files that are taking up space in my disk amd have been downloaded by Microsoft I don't know what they are for and they are hundreds of them and continuing . How to stop this and is it ok to delete them? Thanks...
  3. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  4. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  5. Comments attributes unreadable by File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comments attributes unreadable by File Explorer: On my Windows 10 PC, the Comments attribute is no longer readable or writable from File Explorer or equivalent like xplorer2. It did work for the first two months I had the PC. This is the case for all file types from all drives and even files on other PCs on the network. The...
  6. Comments attribute unreadable by File Explorer

Comments attribute unreadable by File Explorer: On my Windows 10 PC, the Comments attribute is no longer readable or writable from File Explorer or equivalent like xplorer2. It did work for the first two months I had the PC. This is the case for all file types from all drives and other PCs on the network. The Comments...
  7. File Explorer No Longer Accessing Files' Comments Property

File Explorer No Longer Accessing Files' Comments Property: I have Windows 10, and File Explorer has suddenly stopped accessing the Comments property in any file. Worked fine before, but now the Comments field is blank and though it allows me to edit the field after Right-click Properties, the changes don't save. I can see and edit...
  8. file explorer jpg comments not visible

file explorer jpg comments not visible: When using file explorer I cannot see a jpg "comment" if the jpg was first stored on a mac and vice versa. That is, when using a Mac the jpg "comments" created on a Windows computer do not display....
  9. Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments: Hi, just come across this File Metadata (free) which I think will interest you- seems very competent in tagging files. At the bottom I've added a note about StyleFolder (free), which adds comments to folders. If you want to add comments, tags, metadata to files, this is...
  10. "Comments" field in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "Comments" field in File Explorer: There is one available; I have included it on my Details listings. How can I assign a comment? 92733

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer add comments

2. ADD COMMENTS file explorer in windows 10

3. In windows explorer can I add a comment to a file?

4. adding comments to file explorer windows 10,
  5. windows10 - adding comments to files - explorer,
  6. add comments to windows explorer,
  7. adding a comment to a file in explorer windows 10