Windows 10: Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

Discus and support Adding Computer to Microsoft Account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have three Computers listed under my Microsoft acct. I just want to add a forth one to it. I can't seem to add it.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ForistJohnson, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

I have three Computers listed under my Microsoft acct. I just want to add a forth one to it. I can't seem to add it.

:)

ForistJohnson, Dec 14, 2018

2. Huge problem - My Microsoft account was added to a friends computer as THE ONLY account

Hi,

If you've unintentionally added your Microsoft account to a different computer, you have the option to remove it by simply signing in to your Microsoft account. Here's how you can do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
      here.
    • Click your friend's computer name under Devices.
    • Select Remove PC.

By doing the steps above, your friend will lose his access to the entire account and will be asked by the system to create a new one. He'll no longer be able to access all files and apps your account currently has.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Adding Computer to Microsoft Account. :(

Zakin, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

1. Adding Computer to Microsoft Account. - Similar Threads - Adding Computer Microsoft

2. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. Adding Microsoft account fails

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Microsoft account fails: I have a new computer and am trying to use the Microsoft store. When I try to log in it asks for my Microsoft account. I enter the account and password and then I get a message on my phone to press the number on my phone that I see on my computer screen. I press it and so far...
  5. Adding a laptop to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a laptop to Microsoft account: My daughter has just bought a new laptop and I want to register it to my account. "Add device" only lets me add Surface, x-box etc. only Microsoft devices. How do I add her PC?...
  6. Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer: I recently received my computer back from the ASUS repair shop. It had been returned to factory settings. I bought it in 2017. To log in I created a local account. I transferred my files back into the c and d drives. When I went into settings to add my Microsoft account...
  7. Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account": I hope this is the right group, I use two laptops, when I sign into my Microsoft Account, it is only showing one. I would like for it to show both. But when I click add device it's only talking about xbox's, and such, is there any way to add a second computer....
  8. Adding funds to Microsoft account

Adding funds to Microsoft account: When trying to add funds to my son’s account i am getting an error message that there is a system issue and inshould try later. This is going on for a few days. Error message is similar when trying from my PC running Windows10 and iPhone iOS 13.5. Also getting the same...
  9. Adding a device to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a device to microsoft account: I tried adding a device to my Microsoft account but the password is not recognized. I tried rebooting but it didn't work. I tried changing the password but it didn't work....
  10. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding computer to microsoft account

2. add computer to microsoft account

3. account microsoft problem adding to computer

4. computer not adding to microsoft account,
  5. add pc to microsoft office account,
  6. cant add computerto windows account,
  7. adding a computer to microsoft account,
  8. adding an account to an computer,
  9. adding a laptop to microsoft account,
  10. cant add pc to microsoft account