Windows 10: Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer

Discus and support Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using google backup and sync and it created a Drive folder. I put it in a new library and now I want this library to be displayed along with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by decimus, Dec 25, 2020.

1. decimus Win User

Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer

I am using google backup and sync and it created a Drive folder. I put it in a new library and now I want this library to be displayed along with my Docs, Music, Videos (see screen). Is this possible? Or: can this library appear in the side naviation panel with Dropbox and OneDrive?

Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer [​IMG]

:)

decimus, Dec 25, 2020
  2. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Tried to add folders under manage library but they do not show in WMA.
    How can I examine tags?

Many thanks.

Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer [​IMG]

auntiebk, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer - Similar Threads - Adding created library

2. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  3. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  4. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  5. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  6. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Annoying Problem in Library folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying Problem in Library folder view: -so say i have multiple directories in a give library music library for example ,when i click the down arrow to collapse /expand one directorie's view ,after i refresh the other follows suit ,can anyone please tell me how to fix this ?the upper image show how i want it to be...
  8. Adding to library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding to library: so I have Minecraft java and i want bedrock so i go to the microsoft store and ask for permission and its allowed but its been sitting on working on it for a couple of hours or so so I have java Minecraft and I wanted bedrock so i went to Microsoft store and did buy the I...
  9. To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?: Hello Community Members PLEASE see the picture enclosed for your convenience and reference about want I am trying to do I want to have when FE File Explorer is OPEN to have a SET-LOOK for EASY-ACCESS So I am ORGANISED in my business and working environment saving me...
  10. Library folder create new library not working (not available)

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folder create new library not working (not available): See this: Create New Library in Windows 10 Pictures will help understand my problem. Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me. 1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty) 2) ... on...