Windows 10: Adding Current drivers to Win PE

Discus and support Adding Current drivers to Win PE in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I currently have the following (Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk) on a USB which I plan to use if I ever need to restore my macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JiminyBillyBob, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Adding Current drivers to Win PE

I currently have the following (Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk) on a USB which I plan to use if I ever need to restore my macrium backups. It does not work with my wlan or touchpad though.
    I know I can manually add in the drivers to the image but is there an easy way to take drivers from the current OS I am using and inject them into the image? I know macrium has this option when setting up the recovery image from there but I quite like that this has a lot of additional tools.

:)

JiminyBillyBob, Jun 27, 2020

2. Install Driver on Windows PE Environment

Hi,

We are trying to install kernel-mode driver to Windows PE, but not able to do so.

We checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Given below are the details of the issue:

Driver Details: SCSIAdapter class filter driver. (SdFilter)

Steps followed:

• Used DISM to edit the Windows PE image offline. (Inset image below)

Adding Current drivers to Win PE 9b0b98a6-84db-4a3f-be54-b5725e2fb121.png

• Manually added the Driver details to the registry. The registry change is visible after reboot
      (inset image below)

Adding Current drivers to Win PE 2c3da2e1-8ef6-4e68-9ba2-c69d1a6add0d.png

• Manually added Service (ServicesActive database) to offline image. The registry change is visible after reboot (inset image below)

Adding Current drivers to Win PE 8130ca1d-e8b0-40b3-8d39-1b5ba1099c6b.png

But we checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Can someone please guide how can we add the driver to the Windows PE environment.

PS: The given filter driver is test signed. So, we suspect that later we will face test signed issue but that will be our second step to debug. Right now, not able to get through the first step.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakendra

rakendrathapa, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 driver for xeroxworkcenter pe 121

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

This might have occurred due to outdated/incompatible drivers.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Initially, I suggest you to run Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    and see if it brings any difference.

Step 1: Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices.

I suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest driver for Windows 10 from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      previous the version of Windows (Windows 8) from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 27, 2020
  4. DaveKayvz Win User

Adding Current drivers to Win PE

Windows 10 driver for xeroxworkcenter pe 121

Thanks for the reply but nothing helped.

Any other ideas ?

DaveKayvz, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Adding Current drivers to Win PE

1. Adding Current drivers to Win PE - Similar Threads - Adding Current drivers

2. Windows PE Driver Packs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PE Driver Packs.: Can You Please Link Me Windows PE Driver Packs, Yes, There Are Dell Ones, But They Are Bit Dated. Please Send It In .inf File Format. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pe-driver-packs/8378fe68-e589-48c5-83fe-2e0526259192
  3. WINDOWS PE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS PE: tengo instalado Windows PE, realice un upgrade la pasada semana y el sistema operativo no carga y no puedo usar el pc deseo salir de ese windows y volver a la normalidad, baje el windows 10 via internet no tengo disco para reparar la instalación. ¿Alguna solución?...
  4. Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?: As the title says. Sorry for the noob question here but I am at the bottom of the learning curve here. If they are different, what is the use case for each? 169788
  5. activare locatie pe win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    activare locatie pe win 10 pro: nu pot activa locatia pe win 10 pro .ma poate ajuta cineva? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activare-locatie-pe-win-10-pro/9bbcc5ec-a029-4f06-ad1d-1a010a08b476
  6. Minecraft PE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft PE: A month or two ago, I bought the Minecraft Pocket Edition from the Android Playstore. I can join my friend's world but he can't and since we don't play on Realms, that's the way we can explore each other's world. Upon checking my Minecraft account on their official website, I...
  7. change size of fixed size windows in Win PE?

in Windows 10 Support
    change size of fixed size windows in Win PE?: Is it possible to resize windows that are fixed size, in Windows PE? I am trying to use recovery media from a backup program to restore my laptop. The backup program creates the recovery media using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit. That process worked fine, but...
  8. Macrium and Win Pe

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  9. Macrium and Win Pe

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  10. Win PE Boot disk query - Bios/Efi and Bitness

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win PE Boot disk query - Bios/Efi and Bitness: I want to create Win PE boot disks for restoring Macrium Reflect images, but have never used Win PE ADK I have an X64 EFI system, and need to recover ANY of the variations (using other peoples' systems)x64 EFI x64 BIOS x86 BIOS AND, maybe, x86 EFISee my post Foolproof...