Windows 10: Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app

Discus and support Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't have all the features to edit a video. I don't seem to be able to add narration or my own music to the library of background music. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by olgamidgley, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app

I don't have all the features to edit a video. I don't seem to be able to add narration or my own music to the library of background music. On the window of background music in this video there are 2 options: recommended and your own music. I don't have my own music. I am unable to mix my own music with my own narration. How do I enable all the features as in this video from the official windows youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0JPLpN8t8

many thanks.

***Original title: adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App.***

:)

olgamidgley, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Adding my music to a custom video on Microsoft Photo app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, if you are facing this issue with all the audio file?
    2. Which audio format are you adding?
    The steps you performed are correct and that should play the audio.

Follow are the few details you can check.

Method 1:

1. Try to add different mp3 audio file and check.
    2. Check if the sound is playing in other app.
    3. Try to run Windows Store app troubleshooter from Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot.
    4. You can reset Photo app from
      Settings > Apps > Select Photo > Advance option > Reset.

Method 2:

If you still face the issue, save you project on different location, uninstall and reinstall photo app.

1. Search for PowerShell form the start menu, right click and run it as administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the following command.
    3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Open Store, search for Windows Photo App and reinstall the app.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 7, 2020
  4. lxROKxl Win User

Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app

1. Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app - Similar Threads - Adding custom audio

2. Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos: When I upload a custom audio file, I can play it and it works fine but I cannot move the handles on the timeline. I can't change the starting or ending time of the audio. I tried both .mp3 and .wav files, and they both won't work. I have tried restarting my device and...
  3. Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos: When I upload a custom audio file, I can play it and it works fine but I cannot move the handles on the timeline. I can't change the starting or ending time of the audio. I tried both .mp3 and .wav files, and they both won't work. I have tried restarting my device and...
  4. Custom audio not working in Microsoft Video Editor / Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom audio not working in Microsoft Video Editor / Microsoft photos: I have exactly the same problem as described below. I'm working on a brand new machine and have no history before with the video editor. One song is loading fine the light blue line at the beginning of the video, even though I cannot extend it over the whole video. Second...
  5. Custom audio not working in Microsoft Video Editor / Microsoft photos

Custom audio not working in Microsoft Video Editor / Microsoft photos: I have exactly the same problem as described below. I'm working on a brand new machine and have no history before with the video editor. One song is loading fine the light blue line at the beginning of the video, even though I cannot extend it over the whole video. Second...
  6. Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo

Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo: I am using the application in Win10 with local storage, and am trying to insert a photo in a 4 minute videoclip. 1. It gets placed at the end, but I want it at a precise point to illustrate what is being said. 2. I need to retain the audio track while the photo is...
  7. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  8. Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing

Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing: I do not see a way to upload existing videos in to the MS Photos app, yet everything on the store page says you can edit existing videos in that app. I have previously used Windows Movie Maker but that is not compatible with my new laptop. I have watched youtube videos...
  9. Adding my music to a custom video on Microsoft Photo app

Adding my music to a custom video on Microsoft Photo app: Hello! I've completed my video and I'm trying to add my own music which I purchased from ITunes. I clicked Audio -> Music -> My music -> found the song and clicked done. But when I play the video, the music is not coming up. The audio from the App isn't muted as I can...
  10. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photos adding custom audio

2. windows photos custom audio will not expand