Windows 10: Adding drivers for several machines to one Windows 10 image

Discus and support Adding drivers for several machines to one Windows 10 image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm creating images for several computers with different hardware. The settings and applications should be the same on all machines, the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by imaginthis, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Adding drivers for several machines to one Windows 10 image

Hi,

I'm creating images for several computers with different hardware.
    The settings and applications should be the same on all machines, the only thing that really differs is the drivers needed.
    I'm tempted to add drivers for all machines to the same image to only have to manage one image but I'm concerned that it might cause problems. What is the best practice here? Should I create one .wim for every different hardware configuration or can I have one .wim that holds drivers for all hardware configurations without any problems?

I'm using Windows 10 and the image is going to be on both Xeon and i5 based computers.

Thank you!

/

:)

imaginthis, Dec 15, 2015

2. Windows Bad Image Exception on Windows 10

Old title: Windows Bad Image Exception

How do I fix a "Windows ad Image Exception Processing message 0xc000007b Parameters... " type of error on my Windows 10 machine?

JamesDTalley, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Activation failure after imaging a disk

Were you able to find a fix for this?

We are having similar issues, in the past, we created one main image for each area, and set it up by removing apps, etc that was needed. Then create an Image and make all the machines the same. Activation was never an issue, our site licence worked every
    time. With Windows 10, this has caused issues and in some cases, after initial activation, needed re activated several weeks later. we created an image of Windows 10, set up how we wanted, and put it on another machine, and we get the same error. We assumed
    it was something that Microsoft used to identify the machines like a hash, but the machines are identical with this last try.

Thanks,

C

ChrisStambaugh, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

Adding drivers for several machines to one Windows 10 image

1. Adding drivers for several machines to one Windows 10 image - Similar Threads - Adding drivers several

2. One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines: Is it against the law? In Canada? Copy protection documentation and the forums hold no current answers for me. This is strictly for the basis of a case study I must perform for my College courses. Does it fall under Digital Rights Management?Please inform.Thank you....
  3. One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One-time use Windows Activation codes for re-imaging machines: Is it against the law? In Canada? Copy protection documentation and the forums hold no current answers for me. This is strictly for the basis of a case study I must perform for my College courses. Does it fall under Digital Rights Management?Please inform.Thank you....
  4. Windows 10 on a virtual machine with the possibility of several users connecting at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on a virtual machine with the possibility of several users connecting at the...: Hi there, we would like to offer some of our customers the possibility to work on a virtual Windows 10 machine. That means that we have a virtual Windows 10 installation running in our datacenter and a customer connects to this machine multiple users ast the same time I've...
  5. Windows 10 on a virtual machine with the possibility of several users connecting at the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 on a virtual machine with the possibility of several users connecting at the...: Hi there, we would like to offer some of our customers the possibility to work on a virtual Windows 10 machine. That means that we have a virtual Windows 10 installation running in our datacenter and a customer connects to this machine multiple users ast the same time I've...
  6. Windows 10 adding HP all in one printer. Driver unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 adding HP all in one printer. Driver unavailable: I have a new laptop. I went to install a HP all in one printer. Unable to because I get the message driver unavailable. My laptop is completely uptodate....
  7. BSOD On Windows 10 - New RAM added to Machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD On Windows 10 - New RAM added to Machine: I was gifted another pack of RAM to add to my current set. They are same speed and brand as the other set. This is my MEMORY.DMP Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  8. adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine: I have a pc that has windows 10 home on it. I want to add windows 7 on another partition and be able to boot to either win 10 or win 7, how do I do this?...
  9. Adding background image of Explore in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding background image of Explore in Windows 10.: Could any one tell me which system files need to patch to add a background image in explorer in Windows 10 and how????? 48832
  10. Adding Lan Driver to Windows Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Lan Driver to Windows Image: I am trying to add Lan driver in windows 7 Image with DISM GUI but I am getting error. Can someone check the attached log file and advise me that what is the solution. 53491