Windows 10: Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

Discus and support Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Apr 29, 2020.

1. JJG10 Win User

Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete address in the To field -- cumbersome and prone to typing errors. Is there a way I can set up an address book for a dozen or so different address to avoid this annoyance? My guess it has to with the People app but that is only a SWAG.

Will someone please guide me through the process to get the Mail App to behave like I would like it to?

Thank you very much

:)

JJG10, Apr 29, 2020
  2. JJG10 Win User

I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete address in the To field -- cumbersome and prone to typing errors. Is there a way I can set up an address book for a dozen or so different address to avoid this annoyance? My guess it has to with the People app but that is only a SWAG.

Will someone please guide me through the process to get the Mail App to behave like I would like it to?

Thank you very much

JJG10, May 23, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, May 23, 2020
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App. - Similar Threads - Adding email addresses

2. Adding Email address to Tablet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Email address to Tablet.: I have added my outlook email to my tablet but when I try to add my hotmail address it becomes the 'other ' opposite to focused in my Outlook address, which does not contain my actual hotmail emails.. The problem is my actual Hotmail has totally different content as I use...
  3. Adding Email address to Tablet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Email address to Tablet.: I have added my outlook email to my tablet but when I try to add my hotmail address it becomes the 'other ' opposite to focused in my Outlook address, which does not contain my actual hotmail emails.. The problem is my actual Hotmail has totally different content as I use...
  4. Adding a second email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a second email address: I have my own email and on just one desktop computer, I need to have a second address for husband to receive emails. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-second-email-address/7f05c7c2-31eb-4611-b8cc-a3b6bd886144
  5. Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app: I have been posting an issue on another forum regarding rogue email addresses in my contacts when i try to email myself in the To box, when starting to add my email address i see other addresses, some with long strings of data that are not mine. I have tried various things...
  6. W10 Login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 Login email address: My daughter Child account has an existing ISP email address for W10 login. I have set her up with a new Outlook.com account to use as her future login. The email addresses are as follows :- *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for...
  7. Adding email address to Outlook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding email address to Outlook: I have been successfully using Outlook in Office 365 for all my email accounts for many years. Suddenly last Wednesday Outlook stopped downloading email from my Hotmail account. I am being told I have to use Windows Hello to sign on to my Hotmail account. My computer does...
  8. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  9. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  10. Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses: Hello, If I were to add a email address to the Mail app on Windows 10 Creators Update, would I be able to remove it from the Mail app and not permanently delete the email address? I don't want to accidentally delete my Google email address from existence. Does just...