Windows 10: Adding email sender to People app from Mail

Discus and support Adding email sender to People app from Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by barnum1066, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read some forum posts but the options they describe I don't see (left click on sender email (OK) - select Contact (not there)

:)

barnum1066, Oct 8, 2019

2. Adding an email address as a safe sender or adding them to block list

Hi,

To add the e-mail address of a sender in the Mail app. Left-click on the sender. Then add it to the People app through the dialog.

Check out Deepika Gowda reply on Sep. 7, 2015 for the steps on how to block a sender in the Mail app. Here is the link:

How to block a sender.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 8, 2019
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

How to add a person who emailed from Windows 10 mail into People app?

Thank you. It wasn't clear that the action was in the Reader pane. Using Left-click, it is possible to add contacts from the recipients list as well if there is more than yourself there

DaveinSpain, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Adding email sender to People app from Mail

1. Adding email sender to People app from Mail - Similar Threads - Adding email sender

2. Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email: I set up my foxmail account to forward emails to the outlook account, but the in Windows Mail, the sender email address is weird. It looks like it is some auto-forwarding account. When I click replay, it does recognize the actual sender email. Just not displaying it in the...
  3. Adding email sender to contacts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding email sender to contacts in Windows 10: I have a brand new windows 10 laptop. I'm using the Mail app that came with Windows 10. My email is NOT an outlook account. I can't figure out how to save the sender of an email to my Peoples app without having to manually enter everything. From what I can find from online...
  4. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  5. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  6. Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email: I am new to Windows 10 and the new Mail program. I have read all I can find about adding contacts to People from a received email and I am unable to do it. What I have read says to left click on a person/email in the reading pane of an email. When I do that a window opens...
  7. Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail

Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail: I am using Windows 10 Mail. I want to add a contact to the people app from an email. At this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14103/windows-people-app-help, I found the following information: If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email...
  8. Adding Apps to the Notification app senders list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Apps to the Notification app senders list: In my windows 10 notification and action center settings app senders list I don't see mail among the list. How can I add it to the notification list to get email notifications in my action center....
  9. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  10. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app: I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to...