Windows 10: Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails

Discus and support Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I added my work email account to the Windows 10 Mail app. This is an Microsoft Exchange 2007 account with a self-signed security certificate. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexABCDEFG, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails

I added my work email account to the Windows 10 Mail app. This is an Microsoft Exchange 2007 account with a self-signed security certificate.

After adding the account using advanced setup, the Mail app prompted me to fix the account and said the following:

"Untrusted certificate

The certificate from mail.xxx.xxx is invalid

This might indicate an attempt to trick you or steal your info

We don't recommend that you connect to this server

Do you want to connect anyway?"

I clicked Continue (since I know the certificate is trusted).

When I synced the mail account, I got a User Account Control prompt from Exchange Active Sync Policy Manager Broker, which I accepted. Then a message saying:

"Are you sure you want to add, update or remove your mail account?

This may also change certain security policies on your device, including password complexity requirements, sign-in requirements after a specific period of inactivity, and a limited number of sign-in attempts."

I clicked Yes.

This enabled the account to successfully sync and I can read all my emails. However, now I can't send or receive new emails on ANY app on ANY device. I have tried OWA and Apple Mail on my iPhone (which previously worked fine with this email account). I have tried emailing from an external email address to this address, but it was not received. When I attempt to send a new email from this address, it gets put into my Drafts folder. I also can't delete any of my drafts.

I can't seem to find any information about this problem. Can anyone help?

I should mention that removing the account from the Windows 10 Mail app doesn't restore functionality to the email account on other devices.

:)

AlexABCDEFG, Jul 11, 2018

2. Can't add exchange account to the Windows 10 mail app

I'm trying to add my exchange email account to the Windows 10 mail app, but it says "Are you sure that's the right email address? This organisation doesn't support joining Azure AD".

I have added the email many times before and it's working fine on other PCs. It is an Exchange account hosted by a third party.

I select "Exchange" when adding the account.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Steve Maytum, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Michael87 Win User
    How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails [​IMG]

Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails [​IMG]

Michael87, Jul 11, 2018
  4. ianwuk Win User

Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails

How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?

Hello All.

I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122.

I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me to keep my PC more secure and enforce the policies.

I click Enforce but no matter how many times I do this the message just keeps reappearing and asking me the same question so my Exchange account is never synced with the Mail app because it does not seem to accept that I have clicked to enforce the policies.

Is there any way to manually force the mail app or Windows 10 to accept the policies to somehow manually override the pop-up and get my Exchange 2010 email account syned and working?

Thanks for your time.

ianwuk, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails

1. Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails - Similar Threads - Adding Exchange 2007

2. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then...
  3. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then...
  4. Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail: I cannot get Mail to enable additional email accounts. I have one account that runs perfectly. I want to add a further account using the same ISP. The second account is installed using the same server settings as the first with different email address and password but it will...
  5. Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App

Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App: Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-office-365exchange-email-account-on/941459e9-e6f8-4ff5-97b9-79101b1e4f77
  6. Help with Automatic replies for non-Exchange email account (Mail App, NOT outlook)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Automatic replies for non-Exchange email account (Mail App, NOT outlook): Has anyone figured out a way to set up automatic replies for a non-Exchange email account (I believe for an IMAP or POP account sorry if I have those terms wrong, not a big computer guy) in the Windows 10 mail App? I have been struggling to find a way and it's very...
  7. Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding BT email account contacts to Windows 10 Mail account: I have successfully added my bt email account to the windows 10 mail app. However, when I go to people, my contacts are not there. I have tried to import contacts and configure via advanced setup. I have used the email settings provided by BT. incoming server...
  8. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29: I'm trying to link the Mail app to a couple of Exchange email accounts at other companies, and I'm having issues ONLY with one of the four PC's I'm using to do this that I've set up over the past week or so. I actually had the accounts running on only this PC in the past...
  9. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  10. Mail App & Exchange Account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App & Exchange Account: My university account comes up with the error code 0x85002012 (Something went wrong: we can't sync right now). Whenever I add the account (via Exchange or manual server configuration) it works for a week to a month, but it starts doing this after some amount of time. Is their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. imap.swissonline.ch:993:1 is invalid. this might indicate an attempt to trick or steal your info

2. exchange 2007 windows 10 mail app