Windows 10: Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

Discus and support Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why can't Microsoft, a world famous company, do a simple thing like allow users to add external subtitles to their PAID DVD Player App? They appear to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaurenceBates, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

Why can't Microsoft, a world famous company, do a simple thing like allow users to add external subtitles to their PAID DVD Player App? They appear to have successfully killed off the Windows DVD player market just at the time when users from around the world want to see purchased DVD movies in their own language. There are 1,300,000,000 Chinese speaking people in the world who would like to view some of the best American DVD's with Mandarin subtitles. The DVD's are available. The subtitles are available, but Microsoft appears to be too fixated on undermining and profiting from our privacy to bother linking the two together.

Thanks Microsoft.

:)

LaurenceBates, Dec 25, 2018

2. Cannot play subtitle in DVD player

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which player or app are you using where you cannot enable sub titles?

2. Do you get any error when the subtitle fails to play?

3. Are you playing the video via a locally saved file or via an optical disc?

I would like to inform that if you are using the DVD player app you will not be able to play sub titles as the app plays the video only via an optical disc. However, if you are using Windows Media Player follow the steps below to activate subtitle.

• On the Search bar type Windows Media player
    • If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the
      Switch to Library

• Click the Play menu tab located on the top of the window, point to
      Lyrics, Captions, and Subtitles, and then click
      On if Available.

If the Play menu isn't visible, you'll need to show the menu bar. To do so, click
      Organize, point to Layout, and then select
      Show menu bar.

• Begin playing a file or DVD that contains captions or subtitles. Subtitles appear on top of DVD videos, while captions appear below the video portion of Windows Media Video (WMV) files. Also check if you have a
      .ert file in the same folder where the movie is saved.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Cannot play subtitle in DVD player

I try to play DVD with subtitles and the subtitle button doesnt work (I know the DVD has sub) how to activate it?

DVD player subtitles- Original Title

ruthnissim, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

how can I change subtitles in windows dvd player?

Original title: windows dvd player

how can I change subtitles in windows dvd player? thnk you

saadebechara, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

1. Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10 - Similar Threads - Adding external subtitles

2. external dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external dvd player: My external dvd player disappears when I insert disc and will not play discs, fires up and then stops, fires up and then stops. Doesn't discriminate between dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/25f6c492-9767-4cfd-93a7-5061726564ce
  3. Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player: How do I turn off the damned subtitles in Windows DVD player? It is this one--- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10771/windows-dvd-playback-options ---which is recommended at support.microsoft.com. If a DVD has subtitles, they are on by default. If I try to turn...
  4. External DVD Player

External DVD Player: My external DVD player can play store-bought DVD's, but when I try to play a dvd I burned, I get the error message "D:\ the directory name is invalid". How can I fix this problem?...
  5. Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player

Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player: I purchased Windows DVD player from the app store and it plays DVDs well. The only thing is that I can't get it to display the subtitles embedded in my DVDs. I click on the little subtitles icon at the bottom left of the main DVD player screen when a DVD is playing and...
  6. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external dvd player is not being recognized by my pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/ad0eddd8-5e47-48ce-af1d-9cb67f034897
  7. external dvd player

external dvd player: I want to watch dvd's by plugging in my dvd player into my windows 10 laptop. there is a hdmi cable coming from the dvd player-does it need to have a USB end to plug into my laptop? I have tried plugging in the existing cable that has an hdmi end but nothing happens...
  8. external dvd player

external dvd player: I want to plug in a dvd player into my windows 10 laptop with an hdmi cable and watch the dvd on my laptop screen screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/3b68fd3f-4182-4610-aa83-0902815fc770
  9. external dvd player

external dvd player: I have a Samsung blu ray dvd player iv'e hooked up to my laptop via HDMI and I cant find it on the comp and it wont play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/a1ec73ac-4594-4faa-8f33-b94daeae1893
  10. external dvd player

external dvd player: my external drive for a dvd player isn't working, why would Microsoft block a usb port.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player/00de94a9-ad51-4a91-8597-8cf18e2c7242