Windows 10: Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer

Discus and support Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, I'd love to add more customized icons to those associated by Windows File Explorer / Windows Explorer, so that I can have them express what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by notonyourtintype, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer

Hi folks,

I'd love to add more customized icons to those associated by Windows File Explorer / Windows Explorer, so that I can have them express what I want and need. But they all seem to be contained within the Shell.dll file, which I don't think makes it a drag-and-drop exercise to add or replace some icons.

Any ideas? Or, am I stuck with these icons?

Thanks!

:)

notonyourtintype, Mar 20, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer

1. Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Adding file folder

2. Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer: I want to sort files by date added to folder to easily find a file that I have recently downloaded.NO! Date modified and date created does not solve this. The date created and modified could be 1 jan 2000, but I added it to my folder 7 april 2024. The problem is that this...
  3. Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer: I want to sort files by date added to folder to easily find a file that I have recently downloaded.NO! Date modified and date created does not solve this. The date created and modified could be 1 jan 2000, but I added it to my folder 7 april 2024. The problem is that this...
  4. Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar: I am new to Windows 11 and I am trying to recreate the setup I had under 10. I had a folder with all my shortcuts in that was an icon on the right of the task bar. So it was not pinned to the taskbar, it sat next to icons like Open Devices and Printers. This way I cleared all...
  5. Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar

Adding a folder as an Icon to the Taskbar: I am new to Windows 11 and I am trying to recreate the setup I had under 10. I had a folder with all my shortcuts in that was an icon on the right of the task bar. So it was not pinned to the taskbar, it sat next to icons like Open Devices and Printers. This way I cleared all...
  6. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  7. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  8. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons: A. When searching no images show just icons B. Crashes when searching or coping files over C. Won't respond. I have run scf/scannow no errors, I have run ever DISM tool I can find, again, no errors. I have done a clean boot, and again no change. I have reset the files...
  10. Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer: I’m using Windows 10 Home V.1607 OS Build 14393.1593. I recently installed Boxcryptor but later decided against it and uninstalled it, but I notice that a Boxcryptor icon is still shown in File Explorer (the 1st item after Desktop) in the Navigation Pane. It also appears in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding shell icons

2. teams pinning folders to quick access

3. add sharepoint in windows 10

4. access open with explorer sharepoint,
  5. adding sharepoint to explorer,
  6. windows sharepoint,
  7. how to add sharepoint online to file explorer windows explorer quick access,
  8. windows explorer folder icon info,
  9. Customer is not able to create a new folder using file explorer.