Windows 10: Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

Discus and support Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheStataMan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

Hey guys,

I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He advised me that there is a way to prevent windows defender from scanning it, however I myself couldn't figure out how to add folders to this exclusion list. Can anyone provide me some advice?

submitted by /u/TheStataMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheStataMan, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Exclusion list

Hi! I cant remove my windows defender exclusion list.. If I clicked remove button but nothing happens and still remaining it in the exclusion list.. How can I remove it.. My exclusion list has generated automatically by some virus or some unauthorized program..
    Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender 8cc809c3-47e0-48f0-a2fc-60dfb0651bc9.jpg

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TharangaSisira, Mar 24, 2020
  4. kokakola Win User

Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10

Hello Brink,

I was wondering if you can help me please.

I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists...

Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have disappeared....

All I see is the add buttons which work as intended when I want to add a folder etc etc....
    But then they are not listed anywhere so that I can remember what I have excluded or not....

Can some one please help me so that they are visible again, is there a setting in the registry that needs to be fixed?

This is what I should see where, below the red arrows I should see the excluded files/folders including their path etc etc [see image below]

Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender [​IMG]

but I see nothing..

Yet if i go to the registry as indicated below...

File and file location exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths

File type exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Extensions

Processes exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Processes

they are all listed there....?

I have to say that windows defender is excluding folders/files and etc etc, that I have selected during its scans, but I cant see the excluded items in the Windows Defender as per image of my Exclusions section below...

Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender [​IMG]

Thanking you in advance for your support and assistance on this issue....

Cheers

kokakola, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

1. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Adding folder exclusions

2. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  3. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  4. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender: I need to add some drive letters as exclusions in the settings of Windows Defender in order that the drives with those letters may not be scanned when they are later created internally on the hard disk or are connected externally to the computer. But when I try to add an...
  6. Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iagob1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2z7px/windows_defender_the_list_of_exclusions_does_not/
  7. Random files are getting automatically added in exclusion list of window defender.

Random files are getting automatically added in exclusion list of window defender.: Recently some random files started getting added in the exclusion list of my defender. The remove option of these files are disabled, so I can't even remove them. I think that these are viruses. Kindly help me. Thank You....
  8. Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear: Hello!, When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear. [img] Does it happen to someone else? Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated. Regards. 167114
  9. BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List

BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List: I noticed yesterday, WD engine installed an update, i opened my exclusions list and it was empty, they only appear in the registry but not the exclusions Ui. I read that a workaround for this issue is using group policy editor to exclude the paths and doing that makes them...
  10. What are these weird folders that are already added to the windows defender exclusions list...

What are these weird folders that are already added to the windows defender exclusions list...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/s_ghoul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkjuod/what_are_these_weird_folders_that_are_already/