Windows 10: Adding Folders to Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Adding Folders to Windows 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When first opening Windows 10 Mail I found that it had imported my 'live mail address and named Folders for My Contacts' - Excellent!!! However when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Yorky, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Yorky Win User

Adding Folders to Windows 10 Mail

When first opening Windows 10 Mail I found that it had imported my 'live mail address and named Folders for My Contacts' - Excellent!!! However when adding another account (TalkTalk) I can find no way to create new Named Folders other than the default ones already there, namely 'In/Sent/Draft/Deleted'. I tried to synchronise from my Live Acc to the added acc but no success.
    Is anyone able to advise how to add Contact Named Folders within the 'added account' please.
    Otherwise all is working satisfactorily.
    Thank you,

:)

Yorky, Sep 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mail App sub-folders disappeared

If you create folders on your outlook mail via their website at Outlook.com, those folders will be added to the Windows 10 mail app.

Jacob Hermansen, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Adding folders to the Mail App

In the Mail App on Windows 10 there are folders (inbox, outbox, sent, etc.) I want to add some new folders but can't seem to do that. I have added folders at the web level and checked them at my outlook mail account and they are there - but not at the
    Windows 10 mail app. What should I do? Thanks

dkchris123, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Yorky, *Smile

I had to add the new folders online (ex: Outlook), then they got synced to the Mail app.

Hope this helps.

Brink, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Yorky Win User
    Hello Brink and once again thank you very much for your help. I did as you suggested and the new/additional folders were added. However while this worked for my 'Live e-address within Outlook' I've yet to have success with TalkTalk. I will have a further try using the same technique later today.
    Once again many thanks.
    Regards.

Yorky, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding Folders to Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Adding Folders Mail

2. yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail: hi,yahoo email is not added to Windows mail.I added a Yahoo email account to Windows 11 mail, but when I tried to add a passwordthe page was empty. There was no empty text area to add a password to Windows mail.plz...
  3. yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail: hi,yahoo email is not added to Windows mail.I added a Yahoo email account to Windows 11 mail, but when I tried to add a passwordthe page was empty. There was no empty text area to add a password to Windows mail.plz...
  4. Folders in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders in Windows 10 Mail: I have set up many folders in my Windows 10 Mail, to keep emails organized. I went to a folder today, and it was empty! There had been many emails in there. I checked my other folders. A few still have contents, but most are totally empty! Is there any way to recover...
  5. Adding Folders to Mail, no plus sign

Adding Folders to Mail, no plus sign: I have Windows 10 operating system and am using Microsoft Mail. I am wanting to add a folder to save certain messages. I follow directions to add folder and under MORE no plus sign shows. I checked and under Microsoft Store, all updates have been done. Ideas?...
  6. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

Adding accounts to mail for windows 10: Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts? Thank...
  7. Adding folders in Mail for Windows 10

Adding folders in Mail for Windows 10: Just setting up my email on new computer. Can't seem to locate the + icon in mail to add more folders. I've troubleshooted as per Windows Help titled "How do I add or remove folders in mail for windows 10". Did mail & calender update, turned computer off & on. Still nothing....
  8. Windows 10 Mail Keeps Losing Added Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mail Keeps Losing Added Folder: I add 'sent' folder to my windows mail email account favourites, but it constantly keeps returning back to the list of folders. Near on everytime i open and close emails its gone back. Is this a bug ? 112036
  9. Windows 10 Mail Keep Losing Added Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mail Keep Losing Added Folder: I add 'sent' folder to my windows mail email account favourites, but it constantly keeps returning back to the list of folders. Near on everytime i open and close emails its gone. Is this a bug ? 112036
  10. Mail App adding folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App adding folders: Can you create folders in the Mail App? Thanks 8315