Windows 10: Adding funds to Microsoft account

Discus and support Adding funds to Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When trying to add funds to my son’s account i am getting an error message that there is a system issue and inshould try later. This is going on for a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SharonLubitch, May 24, 2020.

1. Adding funds to Microsoft account

When trying to add funds to my son’s account i am getting an error message that there is a system issue and inshould try later. This is going on for a few days. Error message is similar when trying from my PC running Windows10 and iPhone iOS 13.5. Also getting the same message when trying to use a credit card and with PayPal

:)

SharonLubitch, May 24, 2020

2. Added funds to childs microsoft account but they are not being used

I added $10 to my daughters Microsoft account so that she could buy Roblox. I have PayPal set up as a payment method on my account.

My daughter then requested permission to buy $9.99 worth of Robux. I tried to allow this from my parent account but it said I need to add funds to her account. I assumed it was because of the tax. I added another $10 and we repeated the process of requesting
    permission.

Same outcome. My parent account said I still needed to add funds, even though there are $20 in her account.

Keep going round in a loop. I assume I can't get a refund on this either. I did read that when a payment method is set up, it takes account money 1st and then uses your payment method for the difference. Obviously not it my case.

AdeleWally, May 24, 2020
  3. JCro2 Win User
    Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue

Hi,

I am attempting to add a child through the family section on Xbox and it is asking for 50p to be added to the child account before I can do this. My issue is that on my Microsoft account on the section to add funds on to child's account it continuously says
    please try later. Please can you advise on how to proceed so that my child can use the Xbox

Kind Regards

JCro2, May 24, 2020
  4. Adding funds to Microsoft account

Using funds from your Microsoft Account to fund Kids Accounts

Does anyone know if you can use funds on your Microsoft Account to add money to your kids' accounts? I went in to try and send $10 to one of my kid's account but the only options are the saved card and Paypal - the Microsoft Account (with more than that)
    is grayed out. Does it take a day or two to allow you to transfer it? Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Thanks!

Wayne Dupree, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Adding funds to Microsoft account

1. Adding funds to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Adding funds Microsoft

2. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.: I added funds to my child's account so that he could purchase the Minecraft Starter Edition on his computer. When I received the adult/parent approval request, I clicked on the "approve" option. Instead of allowing him to purchase it with the funds I added to his account, it...
  5. Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.: I added funds to my child's account so that he could purchase the Minecraft Starter Edition on his computer. When I received the adult/parent approval request, I clicked on the "approve" option. Instead of allowing him to purchase it with the funds I added to his account, it...
  6. xbox funds to microsoft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    xbox funds to microsoft: I had bought some xbox cards from the local gas station for my microsoft account but they were for xbox monthly subscription. I do not play the xbox games I play Asphalt 9 on my computer and need the funds in the Microsoft account like the other xbox cards I redeemed in the...
  7. Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idiotic restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account: Why are there restrictions on the use of funds in my Microsoft Account? I only have a Microsoft account so that my 11 year old son could have an Xbox account. His account is linked to mine and I have to pay for everything in his account. In error, I have added £50 to my...
  8. Unable to use funds in child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use funds in child account: Hello, I've recently set up a child account for my daughter and bought minecraft for her. I then attempted to buy her some minecoins. I have added some funds to her account which was a nightmare in itself, but despite this, I am still unable to purchase it. If I have...
  9. Added funds to childs microsoft account but they are not being used

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Added funds to childs microsoft account but they are not being used: I added $10 to my daughters Microsoft account so that she could buy Roblox. I have PayPal set up as a payment method on my account. My daughter then requested permission to buy $9.99 worth of Robux. I tried to allow this from my parent account but it said I need to add...
  10. Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue: Hi, I am attempting to add a child through the family section on Xbox and it is asking for 50p to be added to the child account before I can do this. My issue is that on my Microsoft account on the section to add funds on to child's account it continuously says please try...