Windows 10: Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work

Discus and support Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Everyone, When creating my Google account, I chose the option to link my existing email address to the Google account, instead of creating a Gmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nitrania, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Nitrania Win User

Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work

Dear Everyone, When creating my Google account, I chose the option to link my existing email address to the Google account, instead of creating a Gmail address. I have a PC with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 11. When I add my Google account in the Settings app, nothing is syncronized. The mail isn't syncronized of course because I don't have Gmail, but Google Calendar and Google Contacts aren't syncronized with the Windows Calendar and People apps either. The People app remains completely empty. There are no appointments displayed in the Calendar App and there are no calendars in Gmail

:)

Nitrania, Jul 2, 2022

2. Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address

Hi. Not following

What do you mean you have a Google account without GMAIL? What is your Userid? Where do you use such an account?

With your Gmail accounts are they using TWO step verification. If so need app password.

Additionally Gmail may, I'm not sure, consider Windows 10 processes less secure. As such you have to log in to account, on Google infrastructure, and specifically allow less secure apps.

Think the answer to first two questions are critical.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Google Email Account is not adding

Hi,

Are you able to add other email account to mail app apart from Gmail account?

To solve the problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account (You can access it from the following link:

https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything will work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP
    usage in your Google account. Here’s what you need to do:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account and check.

Yaqub K, Jul 2, 2022
  4. pablo239 Win User

Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address

Trying to add my contacts and calendar to Windows 10. I have two google accs . I want to use them both. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the google account I wanted to add doesn't have a gmail address associated with it. But I really would like to use it without gmail.

pablo239, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work - Similar Threads - Adding Google account

2. Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Google account without Gmail address to Windows 10/11 does not work: Dear Everyone, When creating my Google account, I chose the option to link my existing email address to the Google account, instead of creating a Gmail address. I have a PC with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 11. When I add my Google account in the Settings app, nothing...
  3. Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address: Trying to add my contacts and calendar to Windows 10. I have two google accs . I want to use them both. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the...
  4. Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding a Google account without Gmail won't sync: I have two google accs with two different contacts. I want to use them both in the People app. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the google account...
  5. Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?

Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?: I have been trying to add my Gmail account to my windows and am unable to? I keep getting an error message. I had to do a recovery/reset on my PC - I was able to add it before, along with my MSN and Comcast emails.[ATTACH]...
  6. Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.: WinVer 17134.1184 Hi, I am facing an issue when adding my Google Gmail account in the Mail app. It shows an error as: [ATTACH] It's been occurring for three days and I can't find a solution to that so please help me to solve it. Thanks, Regards, Jyotirmay Kumar...
  7. Windows 10 and Google gMail Account

Windows 10 and Google gMail Account: I have two email accounts -- one Google and one Outlook. I have added both the the Windows 10 app. I can receive emails from both but I cannot send from the Google account. I keep getting security alerts that my Google settings are out of date but a my password is OK and b...
  8. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  9. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  10. Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting

in Windows 10 News
    Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting: Later this year, Google will stop relying on the content of consumer Gmail messages to serve up personalized ads, the company announced Friday. Consumer Gmail content will not be used or scanned for ads, the company said, bringing the consumer version of the popular email...