Windows 10: Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails

Discus and support Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On a Dell Inspirion 15 3567 hibernate is not available as an option for the power button. This remains true even after following the tutorial and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by geoB, Feb 12, 2020.

1. geoB Win User

Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails

On a Dell Inspirion 15 3567 hibernate is not available as an option for the power button. This remains true even after following the tutorial and updating the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings). Am I out of luck?

Windows 10 Pro, 1909, Build 18363.592.

:)

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Is it ok to Hibernate on W10

Just for clarity, what are the specific steps that you took in adding the hibernate option to the Start menu? We will give you the most advisable way in adding back the hibernate option to the Start menu. Kindly do the following steps using an administrator
    account:

• Type control panel on the search bar.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • On the left panel, click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Put a check on Hibernate.
    • Click on Save changes, then close the window.

If the steps that you took are different from what we have given, we highly recommend that you do the given steps instead.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Rudy Mas Win User

Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

Do the following things:

• Open "Power Options" (Win-X -> O)
    • Left Menu, Click on -> Require a password on wakeup
    • Click on -> Change settings that are currently unavailable
    • At the bottom "Shutdown settings" tick "Hibernate"

That's all.

Rudy Mas, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails - Similar Threads - Adding Hibernate option

2. Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button does not Hibernate Windows 10: I set Power Button to Hibernate Windows but it does not work, but when I use Power Button to turn on Laptop it work properly ...Any Idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-does-not-hibernate-windows-10/1a82455d-f9f2-4ab8-8ab3-0cfbce6f1db9
  3. Hibernation Wake With Power Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation Wake With Power Button: So I often use the hibernation feature over the sleep feature, and I've had a small problem. Whenever I try to use hibernation on my desktop, it wakes on any mouse movement. This leads to it almost always randomly turning back on while I'm in bed or something. On my laptop I...
  4. Hibernate power option not showing

Hibernate power option not showing: Hi,Certain power options, including hibernate, aren't showing in power options. I've reinstalled my GPU driver GTX 1660 Super but nothing changed. If it helps in answering the question, there's also an unknown device showing in device manager....
  5. power button options

power button options: Under Power Options>Choose what the power button does>Power button and lid settings>'WHEN I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON DOES NOT WORK' On my Lenovo laptop, How to fix this problem?...
  6. power button and hibernate query

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button and hibernate query: When I quickly press the Power Button on my laptop, it is set to go into Hibernate. Two times lately, it seemingly is going into Hibernate, the machine powers down and suddenly it comes right back out of what should be Hibernate. The first time it did this, I rebooted the...
  7. enable power button hibernate option via intune

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable power button hibernate option via intune: Hello Ms Community, The company where i'm working for is working completely in a cloud environment. This means AzureAD nothing on prem. We are using Intune to deploy and configure pc's. No my question. How do i configure intune so the power button shows the option...
  8. Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on: Laptop: MSI GT73RE Titan (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) GeForce GTX 1070 As of recently (last week) will not go in to hibernate. After a restart, it usually will the first time or two. But after that, the screen will shut off, the power and GPU buttonswill still be lit, and the...
  9. windows 10, Power options, hibernate

windows 10, Power options, hibernate: Using Windows 10 on desktop computer, how to put computer in hibernate vs sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-power-options-hibernate/44f4e8e3-1eac-4dcd-a36f-0395c53ef99e
  10. Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu: Hello, I followed the guide to enable Hibernate mode, but is there a way to show it in the Power options? all I can see now is "Sleep", "Shut down" and "Restart". Was I supposed to see "Hibernate" after following this guide:...