Windows 10: Adding hour restrictions

Discus and support Adding hour restrictions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I run the command on admin command prompt “net user USERNAME /time:Th,7am-9pm”, the username I put in isn’t recognized, even though I know for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Doinkey11, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Adding hour restrictions

When I run the command on admin command prompt “net user USERNAME /time:Th,7am-9pm”, the username I put in isn’t recognized, even though I know for a fact it’s a real username on my computer. It isn’t a local account, it’s part of a domain, I don’t know if that matters. Does anyone know what to do?

submitted by /u/Doinkey11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Doinkey11, Nov 7, 2019

2. Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Thanks again for the reply.

I followed your suggested steps, but even though the user shows as being added and active it does not appear on the sign in page as an alternative account.

Maybe I am giving the command in the wrong directory. When I boot into the recovery environment the directory in command prompt is: x:\windows\system32

I ran the command from here. But the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

I also used the diskpart and list volume command to check on which partition windows is installed. I changed directory to c:\> and again followed your steps. But again the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

Can you please give me more instructions on how to remedy my foolish Group Policy restriction?

OROB_KEIMOES, Nov 7, 2019
  3. quiet hours not adding numbers

When I first activated quiet hours, I added six numbers to breakthrough list. Now I can't add any more permanently. When I add a contact, it stays for few hours and gets wiped off the list.

only the first contacts I added can be removed and returned without getting wiped away.

What can I do?

Lumia 535 win10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JohnVianney, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Adding hour restrictions

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Adding hour restrictions

1. Adding hour restrictions - Similar Threads - Adding hour restrictions

2. In February 2022, my account was restricted on commenting on articles for 72 hours. You...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In February 2022, my account was restricted on commenting on articles for 72 hours. You...: In February 2022, my account was restricted on commenting on articles for 72 hours. You must have meant 72 months because I am STILL NOT allowed to comment. Why?...
  3. School Account added restrictions to PC. Removed school account, but restrictions remain......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    School Account added restrictions to PC. Removed school account, but restrictions remain......: I previously used a school account on my personal PC which added restrictions to my PC. I've since removed the account, but after restarting the restrictions remained things like backup settings, device manager, policy settings. Is there an extra step I require to do?...
  4. School Account added restrictions to PC. Removed school account, but restrictions remain......

School Account added restrictions to PC. Removed school account, but restrictions remain......: I previously used a school account on my personal PC which added restrictions to my PC. I've since removed the account, but after restarting the restrictions remained things like backup settings, device manager, policy settings. Is there an extra step I require to do?...
  5. AD permissions not set in restricted locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD permissions not set in restricted locations: Hi Team I've joined a team where i've replaced a Tech which it seems he modified the AD permissions so users can access locations which permissions and groups which are set they are not in.Basically iam hoping some kind guy could give me a starting point on the best way...
  6. AD permissions not set in restricted locations

AD permissions not set in restricted locations: Hi Team I've joined a team where i've replaced a Tech which it seems he modified the AD permissions so users can access locations which permissions and groups which are set they are not in.Basically iam hoping some kind guy could give me a starting point on the best way...
  7. Microsoft family restrictions when using AD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family restrictions when using AD: I am running a network using server 2016 at home with server essentials. My kids have Microsoft family restrictions set but on active directory connected pc's the time limits do not apply. Is there a GPO policy to allow these family restrictions to apply?...
  8. Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls: I was trying to start working for school yesterday and my computer had previously had no restrictions by my parents, and they had never wanted to set them. I then log in and try to get on Google Chrome, and it gives the popup of "You need to get permission to get more time on...
  9. Why was 5 hours added to Microsoft Solitaire Events?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was 5 hours added to Microsoft Solitaire Events?: Split from this thread. When I play the events in you Microsoft solitaire you add 5 hours today to my score. Why? [Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Games]...
  10. Why was 5 hours added to Microsoft Solitaire Events?

Why was 5 hours added to Microsoft Solitaire Events?: Split from this thread. When I play the events in you Microsoft solitaire you add 5 hours today to my score. Why?...