Windows 10: Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting!

Discus and support Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a notebook and a second monitor connected. In other words, I have 2 screens for working. I wanted to use Hyper-V. So, I added Hyper-V feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ulit Jaidee, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting!

I have a notebook and a second monitor connected. In other words, I have 2 screens for working.

I wanted to use Hyper-V. So, I added Hyper-V feature to my Windows 10 Pro.

However, it tells me that I now have 3 screens: "1|2", "5", "6". What!!! I have only just two screens. That's it.

Even crazier, the last screen is the screen number 6!!! Where are the screen number 3 and 4?

Anyhow, the right answer should be either:

• Duplicate displays: show as "1|2"
    • Extended displays: show as "1", "2" or "2", "1" (swap left and right screens). Not "1|2", "5", "6". It's so crazy!!!

Pleases, help to fix this!!!

Before Adding Hyper-V feature: Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting! :)

Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting! f38cccb9-e038-4297-93eb-a39806d303fe?upload=true.png

After adding Hyper-V feature: :-(

Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting! 19d74973-caf6-42a3-b200-710db62f3c82?upload=true.png

Thank you so much for any helps you can provide.

:)

Ulit Jaidee, Feb 28, 2019

2. disabling hyper-v in windows 10 causes complete network failure

Here are the step that finally worked for me:

1. Rebooted into safe mode
    2. Opened the Device Manager
    3. Disabled all of the Hyper-V devices.
    4. Rebooted.
    5. Removed Hyper-V from the Add/Remove Windows Features.
    6. Rebooted.... and all was well.

Donovan Woodside, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting!

Win10Pro, Hyper-V and missing files

I am aware that does not install Hyper-V, it was from me attempting to clear up the issue that was preventing me installing Hyper-V. The dism log when issuing the commands;

• DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V
    • DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
    Show the exact same errors, so I was guessing were rooted in the same cause.

StuartEagles, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting!

1. Adding Hyper-V feature causes a failure in display setting! - Similar Threads - Adding Hyper feature

2. Hyper-V not showing in windows features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not showing in windows features.: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  3. Hyper-V not showing in windows features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V not showing in windows features.: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  4. Help adding nvidia to hyper V

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help adding nvidia to hyper V: Hello, Im really new for this, i found that an application doesn't run in my VM, because hyper V doesn't have nvidia driver installed.so I found thishttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/deploy/deploying-graphics-devices-using-dda^^from this...
  5. Hyper-v feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-v feature: Hello, I am using Hyper-v to create virtual machines windows/linux for testing I did enroled to a class and we have to use virtualBox to import ready machines *.ovf files for our training and labs. I did disable Hyper-v feature in my windows but all Hyper-v network...
  6. Risk with adding Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Risk with adding Hyper-V?: Is it a risk to add Hyper-V on our local server or does it have any impact? Just an extra tool? Need to convert a VHDX to VHD (file) due to migration to Azure. (Windows 2012 Server R2) 133924
  7. Its about Bluescreen caused by enabling Hyper-V feature.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Its about Bluescreen caused by enabling Hyper-V feature.: Yo guys, first I would like to say I'm so sorry if my English language was bad. As written on the subject, I have a problem with the Hyper-V feature, I have activated the feature because of the need for an Android emulator, before that the emulator worked fine, after I...
  8. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  9. Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

Hyper-V installation causes boot failure: Hello all. James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot. I oblige and then the system loops. I have tried three times and have had to restore all three times. I have enabled Intel...
  10. Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V

Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V: Hello Everyone! Thank you a head of time for you time and efforts! THE QUESTION: How do I fix my display drivers in XP in my win10 Hyper-v virtual machine? WHAT HAPPENED: Installed XP in Hyper-V (Win10). For some reason now the display drivers are not installing....