Windows 10: Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?

Discus and support Adding IE in the Quick Launch area? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have added the Quick Launch to my Taskbar and now I cannot figure out a way to add Internet Explorer to the Quick Launch area. I know how to Pin to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10freak, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?

I have added the Quick Launch to my Taskbar and now I cannot figure out a way to add Internet Explorer to the Quick Launch area. I know how to Pin to Taskbar, but that's the way I really want it to be.
    I rather have it in the Quick Launch area instead.
    I tried dragging it from the Start menu, but no luck...

:)

win10freak, Mar 21, 2016
  2. RBobby Win User

Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Just got a new PC win Win10Pro installed, moving from Win7Pro.

I added the "Quick Launch" toolbar and believe that it's in the wrong place for it to behave correctly with the notification icons. Is there any way to move it?

The notification icons are on the far right and grow to the left. The Quick Launch icons appear to the left of the notification icons and grow to the right if additional items are added.

As a result, as the notification icons are turned on as needed, the Quick Launch toolbar can be forced to hide the right-most icons due to lack of space, and then show ">>" to allow access to the now hidden icons. This makes the "Quick" part of "Quick Launch"
    meaningless.

On Win7, the Quick Launch icons were on the left, in their own reserved space which was not disturbed by other activity on the toolbar.

RBobby, Mar 21, 2016
  3. graye Win User
    Keep Windows 10 from Removing Internet Explorer Shortcut

OK... check this... Paste this location into the File Explorer and tell me what you see

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

PS: I sure hope that you actually did add another shortcut (in addition to IE) and rebooted to verify that ONLY the icon for IE disappeared... and that all of the of the ones
    that you added remained.

graye, Mar 21, 2016
  4. garyb0125 Win User

Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?

One way is to create a shortcut for IE on your desktop, and then drag it to the Quick Launch toolbar.

garyb0125, Mar 22, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    The quicklaunch toolbar is actually a folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    just create, move, or copy any shortcuts here

%USERPROFILE
    is your username

or just copy the address and paste into explorer

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?

1. Adding IE in the Quick Launch area? - Similar Threads - Adding Quick Launch

2. Quick Launch Misaligned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Launch Misaligned: I have no idea how this happened and no idea how to fix this.Today out of the blue my Quick Launch started opening on the wrong side of the expand arrows.I tried: removing and reapplying Quick Launch, ran SFC /Scannow, System Restore.Anyone have any suggestions?System OS...
  3. Quick Launch Misaligned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Launch Misaligned: I have no idea how this happened and no idea how to fix this.Today out of the blue my Quick Launch started opening on the wrong side of the expand arrows.I tried: removing and reapplying Quick Launch, ran SFC /Scannow, System Restore.Anyone have any suggestions?System OS...
  4. Quick Launch Misaligned

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch: I have used the Quick Launch Bar since its inception and never had a problem with it. However, for the past couple or three days when I click on one of my app icons, I have to double click or it won't open. Anyone having a problem with this? If so, were you able to fix it?...
  6. Quick Launch icons?

Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  7. How to link App to launch using device quick keys? IE Wacom Logitech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to link App to launch using device quick keys? IE Wacom Logitech: I have a Wacom device that lets me assign files to shortcut keys, but I'm trying to assign one of the keys to launch an App (not a standard program) and can't seem to figure it out. Apps don't all seem run from just a straight "Executable" file. I mean I'm able to find the...
  8. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  9. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  10. Adding programs/commands to quick launch

Adding programs/commands to quick launch: So I've got my Windows 10 looking like my Windows 7 now with a quick launch on the left side like I like it, but I want to add a couple more things to the quick launch. One is a button to do what Windows-Tab does in Windows 10. Sometimes I'm just clicking around the screen...