Windows 10: Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

Discus and support Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, We've recently updated our VPN connection to IKEv2 and I'd like to update that through Group Policy so that it will be automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Sprague, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

Hi everyone,

We've recently updated our VPN connection to IKEv2 and I'd like to update that through Group Policy so that it will be automatically configured for users on the domain. When I look at Group Policy, though, I don't see IKEv2 as an option. Under [User Configuration] > [Preferences] > [Control Panel Settings] > [Network Options], when you create a new VPN connection, there are only the following choices under the [Networking] tab:

Type of VPN:

- Automatic

- PPTP VPN
    - L2TP IPsec VPN

... but if you setup the connection manually, you can choose the IKEv2 connection type. Why don't I see it in Group Policy? Our Domain is at Windows 2008 R2 functionality level. Thanks for your help with this!

:)

Jim Sprague, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Hao_1993 Win User

A problem of Windows 10 VPN (Ikev2) connection

I tried to use ikev2 VPN on my windows 10 laptop, and connected successfully (at least it showed "connected"). However, when I checked my IP on google, it suggested that it didn't connect me to the VPN server at all. And other methods also proved that my
    laptop didn't get access to the Internet via ikev2 VPN.

So are there anyone who also meet the same problem? Is it a bug on windows 10, or just something I do is wrong?

Hao_1993, Dec 6, 2018
  3. VPN on Lumia 920: Only IKEv2 listed

No other types of VPN listed. Only IKEv2 is listed and why are the rest missing?

WP v8.1

MHaffiezMNazri, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

IKEv2 VPN and choice of network connection

I have enabled a IKEv2 VPN on my Lumia 925 phone running WP 8.1 and I noticed that the VPN does not switch to Wi-Fi, if it was previously established when only WWAN was available. I expected it to use the less costly connection everytime but it does not.

Does anyone else see this also?

Giovanni Tirloni, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

1. Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy - Similar Threads - Adding IKEv2 based

2. reset group policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset group policies: I am getting the message "Some settings are managed by your organization" in windows update settings and "options to choose when updates are installed" are greyed out. Looking at "policies set on your device" several are listed, as Source: Administrator, and Type: "Group...
  3. Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot: Hi Team, we've done all the troubleshoots to fix the issues but it was not helping at all. We would like to know is there any solution to connect the VPN by connecting to mobile hot spot....
  4. Group Policy problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Group Policy problem: I was going along just fine. Have Build 17746. Now all of a sudden it says on insider page Your organization manages insider preview builds through a telemetry group policy setting. Then has a fix me button that is grayed . I remember having this problem before but lost the...
  5. Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet: I get this error in System error log. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. I have ports 1701, 1723 and 3389 on my router and...
  6. Group policy client service - cant connect

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy client service - cant connect: Hi, I've been using my Windows 10 laptop (initially came with Win 8.0, upgraded to Win8.1 then to 10) and this after noon when I booted, Windows started OK, but when I try to log into my a/c I get the error Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service....
  7. Windows failed to connect to a Group Policy Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows failed to connect to a Group Policy Service: When I turned on my Windows 10 Desktop PC this morning, it said it failed to connect to a Group Policy Service or something similar to that. Can someone help me out with this, please? This is my Desktop PC. It's a Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop. Thanks in advance! 41541
  8. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  9. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965
  10. windows couldn't connect to group policy

in Windows 10 Support
    windows couldn't connect to group policy: I have windows 10 now and my computer takes forever to go on my homepage. It says 'windows couldn't connect to group policy client services. prevents standard users from signing in'. It also takes a long time to sign out and google chrome takes forever to come up. Windows...