Windows 10: Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

Discus and support Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, We've recently updated our VPN connection to IKEv2 and I'd like to update that through Group Policy so that it will be automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Sprague, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

Hi everyone,

We've recently updated our VPN connection to IKEv2 and I'd like to update that through Group Policy so that it will be automatically configured for users on the domain. When I look at Group Policy, though, I don't see IKEv2 as an option. Under [User Configuration] > [Preferences] > [Control Panel Settings] > [Network Options], when you create a new VPN connection, there are only the following choices under the [Networking] tab:

Type of VPN:

- Automatic

- PPTP VPN
    - L2TP IPsec VPN

... but if you setup the connection manually, you can choose the IKEv2 connection type. Why don't I see it in Group Policy? Our Domain is at Windows 2008 R2 functionality level. Thanks for your help with this!

:)

Jim Sprague, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Hao_1993 Win User

A problem of Windows 10 VPN (Ikev2) connection

I tried to use ikev2 VPN on my windows 10 laptop, and connected successfully (at least it showed "connected"). However, when I checked my IP on google, it suggested that it didn't connect me to the VPN server at all. And other methods also proved that my
    laptop didn't get access to the Internet via ikev2 VPN.

So are there anyone who also meet the same problem? Is it a bug on windows 10, or just something I do is wrong?

Hao_1993, Dec 6, 2018
  3. VPN on Lumia 920: Only IKEv2 listed

No other types of VPN listed. Only IKEv2 is listed and why are the rest missing?

WP v8.1

MHaffiezMNazri, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

IKEv2 VPN and choice of network connection

I have enabled a IKEv2 VPN on my Lumia 925 phone running WP 8.1 and I noticed that the VPN does not switch to Wi-Fi, if it was previously established when only WWAN was available. I expected it to use the less costly connection everytime but it does not.

Does anyone else see this also?

Giovanni Tirloni, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy

1. Adding IKEv2-based VPN connection through Group Policy - Similar Threads - Adding IKEv2 based

2. KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN: My Windows 10 installed a bunch of updates today. KB5009543 is one of them. That update breaks my IKEv2 VPN. I can no longer establish VPN connection without getting this: Can't connect to <My_VPN_Connection> General processing error".Uninstalling KB5009543 restores VPN...
  3. KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN: My Windows 10 installed a bunch of updates today. KB5009543 is one of them. That update breaks my IKEv2 VPN. I can no longer establish VPN connection without getting this: Can't connect to <My_VPN_Connection> General processing error".Uninstalling KB5009543 restores VPN...
  4. KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Restricting apps through Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restricting apps through Group Policy: Hi, it appears that I have essentially brickedmy PC.I was trying to restrict one local user'sapplication privileges to only run a few specific applications. was running through this...
  6. AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection: Hi, we have some users that have issues connecting to the AlwaysOn VPN. This only seems to occur to couples that work at the same company. Monitored the firewall in front of our VPN, because I thought it would be the NAT of ESP proto 50 causing the issues, but there's...
  7. IKEv2 VPN Manager App..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IKEv2 VPN Manager App..?: Hello. Let's say i have multiple VPN accounts using the IKEv2 protocol and i don't want to bother with the Windows interface to enter them, is there an app such as OpenVPNConnect for manager the oVPN files/configurations? There must be. Or at least something that could let...
  8. Windows10 VPN using IPSEC/IKEv2 won't connect

Windows10 VPN using IPSEC/IKEv2 won't connect: I have set up a VPN server using IPSEC/IKEv2. Certificates are used for authentication, both for the server and a client. VPN connection works great with a third party VPN client Greenbow but native Windows VPN client won't even try to connect. Trying to open VPN...
  9. Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy: Command to enable BitLocker on the C drive, store the recovery key to Active directory and generate a random recovery password. Is it possible to enable Bitlocker from a GPO to all Computers joined to a Domain, if not is there a utility that would help to automate the...
  10. VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect

VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect: This VPN had worked fine a couple of weeks ago before I upgraded the system to the latest release. Now is Win 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.195 Today I use the same VPN, and a failure occurred, told me the parameter was incorrect. Here's the error I found in Event...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep IKEv2 vpn connection alive using gpedit

2. ikev2 group-policy

3. group policy ikev2

4. group policy add vpn connection