Windows 10: Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome

Discus and support Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Desktop PC OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I started having problems with Google Chrome after messing around with the cookie options, so I set my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankyLynn, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome

Desktop PC OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I started having problems with Google Chrome after messing around with the cookie options, so I set my PC back to a "reset point" to clear it up. That didn't work, so I uninstalled Google Chrome. For some reason when I re-installed Chrome on my PC, the IDM extension was flagged as not working, so I clicked on the [Repair] option, but nothing happened. So I deleted it and have been trying to add the Internet Download Manager (Tonec) extension back onto Google Chrome. I have followed the instructions on the web to the letter (https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/chrome_extension.html), and I keep getting the same result.

When I attempt to drag IDMGCext.crx to the the open extension page on Chrome, I get this warning:

"Extensions, apps, and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue? Options = [Continue] or [Discard]"

When I click on [Continue], I see a little whirlygig appear for a bit but nothing happens. Above the extension panel another message appears:

"Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website [OK]",

which doesn't make any sense since I am moving the extension app from File Explorer. I am logged in as administrator when this happens. I saw a warning on the web that the extension may not integrate with Chrome if you are the Administrator???? So I created a "other user" profile, and was able to drop the IDM extension into Chrome with no problem. But, when I switch back to Admin, I still have the same problem.

I have updated IDM to its latest configuration, but no change. I am the sole user of this PC, so I would like to keep using it as the administrator, since I have everything set up the way I want it and it would be a real pain to try and duplicate everything on the "other user" profile.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks ahead of time. FrankyLynn

:)

FrankyLynn, Mar 2, 2019

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 2, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome

Google Chrome will Overtake Internet Explorer in 2012: StatCounter

I had to ad "Dropdown List of Most Visited Links" extension to Chrome because it was driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!

Why Google hasn't added this as a standard feature is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond me...I've been using that drop down since Netscape and so has everyone else FFS!

jmcslob, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome

1. Adding Internet Download Manager by Tonec extension to Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Adding Internet Download

2. Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.: Every time, when I start my PC after Doscprd and Spotify are started there are little pop-ups on the bottom right, that my Chrome Extensions (AdBlockPlus, Honey and TeleParty) crashed. WIth latest updates installed. Hardware is: Ryzen 5 3600X 2x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 RTX 2070...
  3. Google Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  4. Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge: Hi! Does anyone know how to get extensions from Google (Save to Keep, Drive) working? I have no problems with other extensions but these keep asking me to log in and I already am. Message is: You must sign in to use the Google Keep Chrome Extension. submitted by...
  5. Manually installing Google chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Manually installing Google chrome extensions: If you activated the developer mode on Google Chrome and then change the file extension from .Crx to .zip you Could install an extension outside of the google store. With Google Chrome version 73 it appears you can’t do this anymore. Do you guys know if Google Chrome change...
  6. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  7. Install Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Install Extensions in Google Chrome How to Install Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize Google Chrome and add features and functionality by adding extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension to add it...
  8. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an extension to remove it from Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7,...
  9. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736
  10. Skype extension update for Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Skype extension update for Google Chrome: At Skype, we’re constantly working to develop new ways to help you make connections with friends, family and coworkers easy and natural. With this in mind, we are expanding our Skype extension for Google Chrome to enable Skype integration across more of the online tools...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extention for tonec internet download manager