Windows 10: Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows

Discus and support Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm asking here because it is more probable to find someone who can help me. Normally pressing the win key, while I'm in a fullscreen window e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by issey-sandei, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows

Hi, I'm asking here because it is more probable to find someone who can help me.

Normally pressing the win key, while I'm in a fullscreen window e.g. in a game, minimize it and open the start menu. But installing the Japanese keyboard layout/language mess it, the start menu still pop up, but the window no longer minimize.

My default layout and language is Italian; it happens with Japanese layout only, the English one works fine.

Additionally, if I tab out or minimize the window with win +D, as soon I open something, like a file explorer, the full-screen window pop up automatically behind it.

When I install the JP layout, everything works fine, but as soon I reboot the problems appear.

Uninstalling the layout/language and reboot bring everything to normality.

Also, I noticed that normally if I hover the cursor on the minimized window, I only see a static screenshot or a black picture. When the problem occurs, the preview is fully animated, and I can see the Program/game running in the mini window...

Thank you for helping me!

Comments from moderator

This post was first posted to the Japanese forum. so, moved to English forum.

:)

issey-sandei, Nov 6, 2020
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows

1. Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows - Similar Threads - Adding Japanese keyboard

2. Can't change keyboard layout to japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change keyboard layout to japanese: Hello,I have a problem switching my keyboard layout from French main language of my PC to Japanese. When I try to switch by directly clicking in the taskbar or using keyboard shortcuts, the language does not change at all and stays on French.Important notes: - I have recently...
  3. Can't change keyboard layout to japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change keyboard layout to japanese: Hello,I have a problem switching my keyboard layout from French main language of my PC to Japanese. When I try to switch by directly clicking in the taskbar or using keyboard shortcuts, the language does not change at all and stays on French.Important notes: - I have recently...
  4. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  5. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  6. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  7. Japanese keyboard layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese keyboard layout in Windows 10: Hi,Hope you're all safe and well.So I live in Japan these days and bought a Japanese laptop. Did a clean install of Windows 10 selecting US English as the primary language. Now all the symbol keys i.e. shift + number {!@#$%^&*} or everything to the right of 0, p, l, or m...
  8. Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows

Adding Japanese keyboard layouts mess up tabbing on fullscreen windows: Hi, normally pressing the win key, while I'm in a fullscreen window e.g. in a game, minimize it and open the start menu. But installing the Japanese keyboard layout/language mess it, the start menu still pop up, but the window no longer minimize. My default layout and...
  9. Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10

Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10: Hi, this morning using the Keyboard Layout Creator I've created a custom keyboard layout for the Neapolitan Language Napulitano, since the standard Italian keyboard doesn't have circumflexed a, e, o, i and also the acute i and the acute o, but when I switch for the available...
  10. Spontaneously added keyboard layout.

Spontaneously added keyboard layout.: Good day, people! I have an annoying issue with odd keyboard layout "ru-KK" being added by itself spontaneously. My computer is in the international domain, but seems some "intelligent" windows service decides every time to add local language keyboard layout...