Windows 10: adding memory to computer

Discus and support adding memory to computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i currently have 4x4gb ddr3 corsair dominator platinum with this number CMD16GX3M4A1866C9 and i want to buy 2x8gb ddr3 corsair dominator platinum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by m0nk3n, Feb 8, 2016.

1. m0nk3n Win User

adding memory to computer

i currently have 4x4gb ddr3 corsair dominator platinum with this number CMD16GX3M4A1866C9

and i want to buy 2x8gb ddr3 corsair dominator platinum with this number CMD16GX3M2A1866C9

do they by any chance work together ?

:)

m0nk3n, Feb 8, 2016

2. Install errors "another install is in progress"

My problem has been solved. How? I added more memory to my computer. I was at 4G and I knew I was running close to max so I added 8G. Once that was done all the install items I was having issues with were installed flawlessly. I am hopeful and assume
    that my freezing problem will also have been solved with the added memory.

Dickin Florida, Feb 8, 2016
  3. ng85---01 Win User
    ng85---01, Feb 8, 2016
  4. chrisred Win User

How many RAM slots do you have? Any particular reason you want more than 16gb of RAM? It is a lot and I wouldn't have thought would it make anything other than really intensive tasks like video editing quicker.

chrisred, Feb 8, 2016
  5. m0nk3n Win User
    i have 8 DIMM slots. i have a couple of minecraft servers with alot of mods and it keeps updating the mods. and it almost reaches the 16gb i have.

m0nk3n, Feb 8, 2016
  6. chrisred Win User
    Fair enough, there is no reason any compatible DDR3 wouldn't work. But I'd go with what you have selected matching speed and brands.

chrisred, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. adding memory to computer - Similar Threads - adding memory computer

2. Win 10 BSOD when adding memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 BSOD when adding memory: Have an intel NUC running 4GB RAM. Runs fine at 4GB. As soon as I go to 8GB, it BSOD's with error messages: Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system File:\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098- panels are compatible according to Intel docs-...
  3. Win 10 BSOD when adding memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 BSOD when adding memory: Have an intel NUC running 4GB RAM. Runs fine at 4GB. As soon as I go to 8GB, it BSOD's with error messages: Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system File:\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098- panels are compatible according to Intel docs-...
  4. Win 10 BSOD when adding memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help with adding a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with adding a computer: I paid about $150 last June to give my teacher access to Microsoft on a laptop for summer training. Now we need it on his PC classroom computer. Can we add it to a second computer or get a discount to add it? Order Number: 7842306336Date purchased: June 18, 2022...
  6. Help with adding a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with adding a computer: I paid about $150 last June to give my teacher access to Microsoft on a laptop for summer training. Now we need it on his PC classroom computer. Can we add it to a second computer or get a discount to add it? Order Number: 7842306336Date purchased: June 18, 2022...
  7. Help with adding a computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Restructuring and adding memory to C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restructuring and adding memory to C drive: Hello eveyone I was low on C drive space, and had ample in another partition. I came across this post and was successfully able to extract space as unallocated space. But as I right click on the C drive to extend the volume, the extend volume button is greyed out. Can we not...
  9. computer memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer memory: computer is low in memory I have external memory ( 32 GB ) , but not help . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-memory/765f1e9d-2386-417f-9886-ad5e2faf69db
  10. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483