Windows 10: Adding Microsoft account to validate activation Win 10

Discus and support Adding Microsoft account to validate activation Win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. ... works fine.My desktop hardware also needs to be upgraded Motherboard, CPU and MemoryFollowing Ms advice I must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimmawan, May 9, 2021.

1. jimmawan Win User

Adding Microsoft account to validate activation Win 10

Just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. ... works fine.My desktop hardware also needs to be upgraded Motherboard, CPU and MemoryFollowing Ms advice I must activate the digital key by adding Ms Account in windows SETTINGSOn the SETTINGS/ACTIVATION tab, when choosing "Add a Microsoft Account", I can enter my Microsoft account user/password successfully at the 1st sign-in, however, at the next sign-in where it says "we'll need your current Windows password one more time", this is where my details are rejected.Message tells me "incorrect password"For this process, the only password I entered so far

:)

jimmawan, May 9, 2021

2. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Adding Microsoft account to validate activation Win 10 :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, May 9, 2021
  3. Cru26 Win User
    Windows 10 Activation- will not accept multiple valid licenses

I just upgraded hardware yesterday. I had issues with cloning my drive, so I ended up doing a clean win 10 install and then recovering the drive from a recent backup.

Now I'm getting activation errors that I can't resolve by using either of the valid Win 8.1 license keys that I own. I've tried the Activation Troubleshooter as well as updating my Microsoft account to register the license keys to it, but it's not showing
    any valid keys associated my account.

Not sure what the problem is- can I get some suggestions please?

Cru26, May 9, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Adding Microsoft account to validate activation Win 10 - Similar Threads - Adding Microsoft account

2. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. Adding a laptop to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a laptop to Microsoft account: My daughter has just bought a new laptop and I want to register it to my account. "Add device" only lets me add Surface, x-box etc. only Microsoft devices. How do I add her PC?...
  5. Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account: I have created a domain on Microsoft and create multiple users with Microsoft 365 business license. Now i want to activate Win 10 and Office 365 on my company's computers. I saw a video in which i have to login into PC as administrator using Microsoft account, but when i...
  6. Adding funds to Microsoft account

Adding funds to Microsoft account: When trying to add funds to my son’s account i am getting an error message that there is a system issue and inshould try later. This is going on for a few days. Error message is similar when trying from my PC running Windows10 and iPhone iOS 13.5. Also getting the same...
  7. Adding Microsoft account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Microsoft account to Windows 10: I have a new Win 10 1903 which I have set up with a local admin account. When I tried to add a Microsoft user account via Accounts | Family & other users | Add someone else to this PC I get 'Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account...". However I can go to Edge and log...
  8. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails: Hello, I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought the corresponding Win 10 Pro upgrade (after some payment hassle, I hope it is not relating..). After the purchase the...
  9. Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.: I have three Computers listed under my Microsoft acct. I just want to add a forth one to it. I can't seem to add it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-computer-to-microsoft-account/44045e35-a970-4ad5-b7f8-75f3abb760ef"
  10. win 10 adding outlook accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 adding outlook accounts: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...