Windows 10: Adding Microsoft Stylus Functionality to my new Laptop

Discus and support Adding Microsoft Stylus Functionality to my new Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. My problem is that it doesn't have the stylus function installed. Does anyone know if there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gord Boddy, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Adding Microsoft Stylus Functionality to my new Laptop

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. My problem is that it doesn't have the stylus function installed. Does anyone know if there is software available to help me find the software?

:)

Gord Boddy, Nov 17, 2018
  2. LCRT Win User

Microsoft Lumia 735 Stylus??

that answer is technically incorrect. It depends on what you call a stylus. Digitizer stylus? ( a proper one)? No, it won't work. Finger-faking touch based stylus? Yes, it'll work. Not a real stylus, but most people will still call it a stylus and it might
    serve some purpose.

3. stylus pen

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please provide the following information so we can assist you better:

• Were you able to use your stylus pen before without any issues?
    • When did you start having this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when using your stylus pen for drawing?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 17, 2018
  4. geoffers Win User

Adding Microsoft Stylus Functionality to my new Laptop

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Adding Microsoft Stylus Functionality to my new Laptop [​IMG]

geoffers, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Adding Microsoft Stylus Functionality to my new Laptop

1. Adding Microsoft Stylus Functionality to my new Laptop - Similar Threads - Adding Microsoft Stylus

2. Bluetooth stylus on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stylus on laptop: Hello! I wanted ask if it is possible to connect a bluetooth stylus on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stylus-on-laptop/20d46d33-ccbd-43f7-89e6-dec563efaedc
  3. Bluetooth stylus on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stylus on laptop: Hello! I wanted ask if it is possible to connect a bluetooth stylus on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stylus-on-laptop/20d46d33-ccbd-43f7-89e6-dec563efaedc
  4. Bluetooth stylus on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Adding a laptop to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a laptop to Microsoft account: My daughter has just bought a new laptop and I want to register it to my account. "Add device" only lets me add Surface, x-box etc. only Microsoft devices. How do I add her PC?...
  6. Adding my child's email to new laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding my child's email to new laptop: I am a parent and i have my under 13 years old children's account controlled by an app called family link. On his new laptop windows 10 i am trying to add his email to setup their windows users account Everytime i add his GMail Microsoft sign in window keeps showing...
  7. How to find the right stylus for my laptop?

How to find the right stylus for my laptop?: hello! how can I find the right stylus for my SATELLITE C50t-A052 Toshiba laptop? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-right-stylus-for-my-laptop/876b00e3-9ebc-4984-94ba-f8e9f1ac4da9
  8. Something interfering with Stylus functionality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something interfering with Stylus functionality: Hello everyone. I am having an issue that is almost driving me to the edges of insanity. In short, I have a resistive stylus that I use to make notes on OneNote. The stylus operation is very simple, it needs to physically make contact with the screen with a certain amount of...
  9. How to change Aftermarket Stylus button functions???

How to change Aftermarket Stylus button functions???: I've searched high and low all over to find a forum anywhere that can explain to me how to change the button functions on my stylus. I DO NOT have a windows 10 Pro factory pen, I am using a NuVision Stylus that is compatible and works fine on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3. The...
  10. stylus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stylus: how do i use the stylus instead of my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stylus/00467e1b-a312-45f8-9235-d1c25a98edb2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding stylus to laptop