Windows 10: adding more Language input hotkeys

Discus and support adding more Language input hotkeys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TJThe Joker, May 16, 2022.

1. adding more Language input hotkeys

Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a solution to this even if a third-party one to overcome this limitation and have more languages assigned to keyboard hotkeys more than 5, that would be much appreciated.Thanks

:)

TJThe Joker, May 16, 2022

2. Unable to remove a Language for the keyboard or the hotkey

Hi,

Windows has the capability to use different language packages to fit the needs of the customer. Not being able to remove a language pack could be due to data files that got corrupted. To resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start to occur?
    • Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Also, you can follow the steps below to disable the hotkey in switching in between different languages installed on your device:

• Click "Clock, Language, and Region" from the control panel.
    • Click "Language"
    • Click "Advanced settings" in the left column. ...
    • Under "Switching input methods", click "Change language bar hot keys"
    • Select "Between input languages" and click "Change Key Sequence"
    • Disable/change the keyboard shortcut as you'd like.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 16, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Input Language

I have the same problem, but in a milder form. My Windows install and default language is UK English, but my PC has a US keyboard. I want the default keyboard to start up with US, and have ENG as an option.

The trick to getting the keyboard you want to be your default at startup is to make sure it is at the top of the list of keyboards for your default language. Click on your default language and select Options to see your list of keyboards.

adding more Language input hotkeys [​IMG]

You can rearrange the order of the keyboards by deleting any keyboard above the one you want as default then re-adding them (each time you add a keyboard it is added at the bottom of the list).

adding more Language input hotkeys [​IMG]

4. Mohan B P Win User

adding more Language input hotkeys

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 16, 2022
Thema:

adding more Language input hotkeys

1. adding more Language input hotkeys - Similar Threads - adding more Language

2. More Input methods than the language I added in my preferred language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Input methods than the language I added in my preferred language.: I have downloaded three language packs: english for UK, simplified chinese, and japanese. But in my input method, there is:English United States United KingdomEnglish Canada USFrench Canada Canadian French LegacyI have never downloaded the language pack for this three but...
  3. More Input methods than the language I added in my preferred language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More Input methods than the language I added in my preferred language.: I have downloaded three language packs: english for UK, simplified chinese, and japanese. But in my input method, there is:English United States United KingdomEnglish Canada USFrench Canada Canadian French LegacyI have never downloaded the language pack for this three but...
  4. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  5. annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying bug when customizing the hotkey for English input language: Hello everyone, I am encountering a serious bug when I set my hotkey for input language. I am currently using three default language keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin", "English-US", and "Japanese- Microsoft IME", and I set key sequence for switching to those three languages to...
  6. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  7. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  8. adding more Language input hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  9. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change assigned hotkey for switching input language: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that. Thanks in advance, Sarah...
  10. Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language Hotkey keeps resetting on restart. Please help!: Hi. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I get this issue where my computer forgets/resets the Input Language Hotkey for English. I used to set it as Ctrl + Shift + 1. But whenever I restart the computer, the hotkey goes back to blank/empty/nothing. I have manually set it...