Windows 10: Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive.

Discus and support Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Basically, as you can see form the title, I am looking to add more "RAM" using an USB drive. I saw many tutorials that it is possible through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A normal member, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive.

Hello,

Basically, as you can see form the title, I am looking to add more "RAM" using an USB drive. I saw many tutorials that it is possible through ReadyBoost but my problem is that I have a SSD. Is there still any other ways to add? I currently only have like 4 and it would considerably help me.

Thanks.

:)

A normal member, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 11, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive.

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive. nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive.

1. Adding more "RAM" through an USB drive. - Similar Threads - Adding more RAM

2. More RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More RAM: Is there an way to get more RAM? or optimize it for Gaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-ram/6563cc3a-a01c-462b-8e34-ae450b6503c6
  3. adding ram

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding ram: I'm not very computer literate and I'm wondering about RAM. How can I find out how much RAM I can possibly add to my laptop. It's about three years old. It's an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 with 6gigs of RAM already installed. It's Windows10 64bit. Thanks for the help....
  4. Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking to adding more RAM but cannot find compatible module: I intend to install a Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1 1 TB SSD but do not know which RAM 8GB is compatible for this laptop. Laptop model; HP Laptop 15-da0xxx 4BA37EA#ABU CPU Intel Pentium Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz Motherboard Model 84AA (U3E1) I have tried asking Crucial and...
  5. How to block USB through GP in AD 2012 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to block USB through GP in AD 2012 ?: Hi all, I want to restrict users from accessing USB. my AD server is 2012 and all clients are Win10 . how to block through GP . It should work in safe mode too Can anyone help me to achieve this...
  6. Windows Deactivated after adding more RAM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Deactivated after adding more RAM: A few days ago I added two more ram sticks to my PC and didn't remove or tamper with the ones already in it. My PC was prebuilt and came with Windows 10 Home already activated so I don't have an email with the product key to reactivate it. I also tried the trouble shooter but...
  7. RAM use more and more

RAM use more and more: Ram is consuming more and more altough i have 8 gb of ram. Even there is no program running or any high usage program is not running then also RAM stay above 6.8 or 7.1out of 7.9. Please help me in fixing this issue....
  8. Adding more RAM to my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding more RAM to my Windows 10 laptop: Hello My current Windows 10 laptop has 4gb DDR4 2400MHZ installed. Im planning to add another 8gb DDR4 stick so that I'll have a total of 12gb RAM. my question is can i mix 4gb & 8gb sticks together or should i just install 1 8gb stick first....
  9. More ram

More ram: hi,guys I have a dell inspiron m5040 laptop, it seems to load web pages a bit on the slow side, I note its using 4 GB of ram at the moment, I believe I can add a further 4 GB of ram, do you guys think the upgrade to a total of 8 GB of ram would load web pages faster, thanks...
  10. Adding more "Ram" ?

Adding more "Ram" ?: I noticed that my laptop could handle a little more "Ram" so i ran the Crucial info tool and the screenshot shows what options i have . I have an Asus U56e laptop which i believe came with 6 gigs of Ram , would going this route improve speed even by a small amount ?...