Windows 10: Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

Discus and support Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already' in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TheOldTannery, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally bought using my MS account and in the registry it has entries saying my MS account name (ie: my email address) is the registered owner. When I try to setup Cortana, it asks me to sign into my MS account but when I do this I always get a window saying that my MS account 'is here already' with a blank field beneath! I then decided to go to my account settings where it is possible to add 'other accounts you use' (being a domain computer) and when I try to sign in to the account there I also get the same message. It's as if it is in someway an existing account on the machine and therefore cannot create the required data for the account because it already exists. I did originally have an MS account profile on the machine but that has since been deleted. If this were the issue then I believe it would say account already exists.
    I have a second (virtualised) machine that was installed from scratch and I was able to properly create this additional account and Cortana works fine. I assume there is no problem having 2 machines logged into an MS account at once. I shutdown this machine as a test and it made no difference anyway.
    I know this may be slightly unusual being a domain account but does anyone know what it may be complaining about when it says 'here already'?
    Thanks

:)

TheOldTannery, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Windows 10 Store error 0x800705B4

This is what your error means which is not much help. 0x800705B4 = Error_Timeout . In layman terms something is taking too long to do, a bit like me getting up in the morning.

How to link Windows 10 domain user account to Microsoft account?

How to link Windows 10 domain user account to Microsoft account?

Connecting Domain account to Microsoft account

Connecting Domain account to Microsoft account - Windows Central Forums

Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already' - Windows 10 Forums

If you create a Local Account will the Store Apps work for you?

Create a user account Windows 8.1 or 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

HTG Explains: Microsoft Accounts vs. Local Accounts in Windows 8

http://www.howtogeek.com/121975/htg-explains-microsoft-accounts-vs.-local-accounts-in-windows-8/

Linney, Aug 13, 2015
  3. gfthomas Win User
    Can't link PC to MS account

So here's the background. I'm running Windows 10 on my PC and have it connected to a domain. Due to some extraneous problems I ended up having to completely rebuild my domain controller, therefore losing all the old accounts. So now I have re-connected
    this PC to the domain, but when I try to link it to my MS account it says another user on this PC is already using that account. I have deleted the old profiles from this PC and I also went to my MS account settings and removed this PC from devices. I still
    get the same error. Any ideas?

gfthomas, Aug 13, 2015
  4. stuarts99 Win User

I have the same exact problem. Did you find an solution?

stuarts99, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Nothing as yet I'm afraid, still looking!

TheOldTannery, Aug 16, 2015
  6. loeffel Win User
    Same here. And the dialog I'm seeing is very strange. It says "my@email.de" is already here, and in addition I see a password box that clearly does not have any function.

On top, I'm thinking this was introduced very recently by some patch, because when I installed a couple of machines, and joined the domain first, and installed all the missing patches only then, it seemed to work. But I'm not 100% sure.

Klaus

loeffel, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Eager2008 Win User
    Just delete registry key (using regedit.exe, be careful !!) HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdenties\<your problem identity>
    and try again

Eager2008, Aug 17, 2015
  8. ICH
    ich Win User

I had the same issue. Deleting the key resolved it

Thema:

1. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already' - Similar Threads - Adding Account domain

2. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  3. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  4. Adding New User but says is linked already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding New User but says is linked already: Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail...
  5. Adding New User but says is linked already

Adding New User but says is linked already: Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail...
  6. when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...: when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it is not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-adding-email-to-a-user-acc-it-says-user/2265482c-6ef7-4539-b1e0-61ecde4da730
  7. when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...: when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it is not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-adding-email-to-a-user-acc-it-says-user/2265482c-6ef7-4539-b1e0-61ecde4da730
  8. when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...

9. Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User: I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts...
  10. "MS Account" is already here

in Windows 10 Customization
    "MS Account" is already here: I am trying to change my setup from a local user to a MS Account - but when I try to do this I get the following message..."MS Account" is already here, Another user on this device uses this MS Account, so you can't add it here. Background I recently reinstalled Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [Email Address] is here already

2. is here already windows