Windows 10: Adding Multiple users to a PC

Discus and support Adding Multiple users to a PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When trying to add multiple users on 1 PC, we were limited to 3 users (Windows 10 Home version), Is this the case with all versions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Merewai63, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Merewai63 Win User

Adding Multiple users to a PC

When trying to add multiple users on 1 PC, we were limited to 3 users (Windows 10 Home version), Is this the case with all versions.

:)

Merewai63, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Adding User Errors

Hi,

The error message that you’ve encountered can be caused by an invalid or corrupted registry keys. You may also get the same error when your computer shuts down
    unexpectedly. To learn more about your concern with adding a user, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you also getting the error when you add a user?
    • Were there any changes or updates made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so for to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore the corrupted system files on your device. Check this
    article
    for the steps.

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Adding Multiple users to a PC

Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

• They will be using the same mouse and keyboard on the same PC.
    • The only difference is when one user logs on it will use only 1 of the 4 monitors and when the other user logs on it will use 3 or all of the monitors what ever they choose

JamesSalisbury01, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Adding Multiple users to a PC

1. Adding Multiple users to a PC - Similar Threads - Adding Multiple users

2. Adding user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding user: Hey, i cant figure out how to add a user while not being signed in, there is an acount but its not mine and dont have the password for it. Is there a way to add a user in lockscreen?...
  3. Adding a user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a user: Last time I remember adding a user to a PC awhile back it was a Simple matter through Settings. This time I had to sign into Microsoft. After entering username and password a pop-up asked me to enter the password “one more time” but did not accept the re- entry. Finally I...
  4. Multiple Users per Device - Azure AD?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multiple Users per Device - Azure AD?: I want all users from my organisation to be able to log in to all devices. I tried just adding the users in settings but it said the Microsoft accounts didn't exist.However I think I had to connect the device to our company's Azure AD, which I have now done. I assume this...
  5. Multiple users on one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple users on one PC: When multiple users use the same PC, why can't User B see the files inside User A's folders in This PC 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos but can see the files on Local Disk? Also, how can I prevent another user from seeing what files I have...
  6. Adding Another User to MY PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  7. PC Gamepass multiple users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Gamepass multiple users: I need help setting up game pass on my PC, for both me and my son. One PC, 2 Windows logins - no xbox console i've read that you cannot share the gamepass across users, so I've purchased 2 game passes. the problem is we both seem to have to download seperate copies of...
  8. Multiple Users on a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Users on a PC: I'm new to the PC gaming world my kids are finally old enough to want to play more games. Of course, the kids want to play Minecraft. They each have free accounts on their Kindle Fire but now are wanting more action. If I buy Minecraft on PC Windows 10, will each of my kids...
  9. User already added to this pc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...
  10. User already added to this pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...