Windows 10: Adding music to video projects

Discus and support Adding music to video projects in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have used video projects before and added multiple tracks with no issues using 'custom audio'. This no longer works! I can add one song using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jlo76, Jun 14, 2019.

1. jlo76 Win User

Adding music to video projects

I have used video projects before and added multiple tracks with no issues using 'custom audio'. This no longer works!

I can add one song using 'background music'.

I can import the songs into 'custom audio' into the 'edit narrative' panel but can't get them to import into the project like they use to. It is very frustrating. Any ideas?

:)

jlo76, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

adding background music to video

You need a video editing program to do that. Because you tell you have no experience, I recommend you start with a free one before spending money, to see if video editing is something you might get interested in.

In my opinion, the absolutely easiest to use and by far the best of all free editors is OpenShot (OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!)

It is Open Source (Open source - Wikipedia), free with no hidden costs for additional features.

When installed, run OpenShot. List numbers refer to numbers in screenshot:
    1. Select Project Files
    2. Click + to browse to and import your video
    3. Video will be added to Project Files
    4. Drag the video to timeline, to any free track. Be sure to add video so that beginning of it touches the red vertical line at beginning of the track
    5. Right click video track, select Separate Audio > Single clip

Adding music to video projects [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Audio will be separated from video and moved to another track. Select the audio track, right click it and select Remove Clip:

Audio track will be cleared, the original audio of your video removed.

Import your music file to Project Files exactly as you imported the video, and drag it to any free track.

Usually the added audio track is not the same length than the video. If your music lasts longer than the video, go to end of timeline and drag audio track content so that it ends at the same point than video:

If your music track is shorter than video, you can add it again at the end of current audio track.

Now you can export (save) the video:

That's it! Easy, fast and free.

Note Please notice that if you want to publish the video on social media, YouTube and such, you must own copyrights for audio and video content, or have copyright owner's permission. On my 100+ Windows videos, when I feel the video needs some background music, I use the copyright free music from https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music. Another free source is the Free Music Archive.

3. Norton Win User
    Crunchers Helping Crunchers : The New Project

Suggestion: If we do the build those that contribute all get put "in the hat" and someone gets picked for a nice treat.

I'm thinking a video card, psu, or something like that *Smile Adding music to video projects :)

What do you think????

***EDIT- added a suggestion list for the Thank You prize ***

Cruncher's Helping Crunchers Project Thank You suggestions:
    - Video card
    - PSU
    - Gift card (area specific)
    - Water cooling setup

Norton, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

Source: Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs are Headed to the Store for Windows Insiders

Brink, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Adding music to video projects - Similar Threads - Adding music video

2. Video Project Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Project Files: I really like the video editor that comes with the built in photos app on windows 10. I've made quite a lot of stuff with it but I've realized it keeps a copy of every file I use for projects Videos and pictures. I keeps them in a folder called Video Projects under pictures...
  3. Video Project Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Project Files: I really like the video editor that comes with the built in photos app on windows 10. I've made quite a lot of stuff with it but I've realized it keeps a copy of every file I use for projects Videos and pictures. I keeps them in a folder called Video Projects under pictures...
  4. Video Project Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding background music

Adding background music: I used one of the background music clips that came with the Video Editor. The music popup says "the music automatically adjusts to the length of the video." However, the music stops before the end of the video, which is 39 seconds long. In addition, I clicked "Sync your video...
  6. Video Project

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Project: I did a reset of windows keeping all files, but I've lost all my "videos in process" from the Photo app. Is there any way to retrieve these? I thought the reset kept all files....
  7. video editor adding background music

video editor adding background music: I've added a selected background music choice. However when I play the video (time lapse composed of 800 photos, it skips (has short sections of no sound) many times in the 3 minute duration. How do I make it play continuously? Also it ends about a second or so too soon. How...
  8. Video Project

Video Project: I uploaded photos to Video Project but can't get the photos back. How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-project/83663d69-2279-4afb-971c-d6825a9493e3
  9. Photos Video Project

Photos Video Project: I just completed a 1-1/2 hour video project using Microsoft Photos. I want to download to my computer. I tried "sharing" to onedrive, but it only shares the video clips not the completed video project. Also I get a message that "larger videos will be removed". Is there any...
  10. video project

video project: I created a video with a song and had it almost done, now the pictures are missing, in its place it says "we can not find this file". Not sure why they disappeared in the first place. Very frustrating. Also I tried to add a second song and couldn't?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to override background music in windows video project