Windows 10: Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?

Discus and support Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to add my Gmail account to my windows and am unable to? I keep getting an error message. I had to do a recovery/reset on my PC - I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdamGaribaldi, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?

I have been trying to add my Gmail account to my windows and am unable to? I keep getting an error message. I had to do a recovery/reset on my PC - I was able to add it before, along with my MSN and Comcast emails. Adding my  Gmail to my Windows accounts? 61e7563b-87b1-4aa0-8758-6526992717f8?upload=true.png

:)

AdamGaribaldi, Jul 30, 2020

2. Adding gmail to my mail app

I can't add my gmail account to the mail app in windows 10. When i go to add account and select google, the following error message pops:

Something went wrong...

Sorry we were unable to do that.

Error code: 0x8007042b

I don't have a 2 step verification in gmail.

I posted the same question earlier and got the following reply. I could have done it. But I don't have windows listed in my connected apps in google. How do I add windows to the connected apps???

"

Hi,

Are you able to add other email account to mail app apart from Gmail account?

To solve the problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account (You can access it from the following link:https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything will work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP
    usage in your Google account. Here’s what you need to do:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account and check.

BirajKhanal, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Will my contact list from GMail work on Windows 10?

I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me. I access gmail through the gmail tile on the tile page. I followed the instructions to use gmail once we had Windows 10. Our computer upgraded WITHOUT our knowledge, and after having many issues, we
    finally called Microsoft. We spoke to a very helpful lady who told me that having my contact list on gmail was not an option at this time. I have to send 3 emails a month for a group I am coordinator of, and need my contact list. When I was told that was
    not an option, we went back to Windows 8.1.

I am somewhat computer saavy, but do better with specific instructions. Is there someplace I can have step by step information on how to get my contact list from gmail if we upgrade to Windows 10?

Thanks so much.

Terry Boyle

OROVALLEY(2), Jul 30, 2020
  4. Terry63 Win User

Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?

Windows Live address added as Guest in Gmail Calendar Event

I have two accounts setup on my phone (Samsung Focus). One is using my Windows Live ID and I'm syncing my email, contacts, and calendar. I have a second account using my gmail address to sync a gmail calendar that I share with my wife. Everything seems
    to be working except when I create a new event on the gmail calender from my phone it automatically adds my Windows Live email address as a Guest to the event. I don't want this to happen. The live.com email address is not shown anywhere in the event on
    my phone but it is shown as a guest when I look at the calendar in the browser.

Does anyone know how to stop the phone from adding the live.com address to my gmail events?

Thanks

Terry

Terry63, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?

1. Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts? - Similar Threads - Adding Gmail accounts

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.

Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.: I am receiving mail on my gmail account via my Apple Ipad and Android mobile phone but they have stopped on my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails-on-my-gmail-account/0d5d9170-70fc-418f-8b45-e8bc826c91b7
  5. Granting Windows an access to my GMAIL account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Granting Windows an access to my GMAIL account: Hello I am very confused by my Windows email app. It is requiring me to share my google account info with windows. It gives me a caution that windows my delete all items on my account once I grant them permission. I am asking if windows does really modify information stored...
  6. syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account: I am having trouble syncing my gmail account with my Incredimail account. I keep getting an error saying couldn't be signed in because my browser may be faulty Chrome and to try another browser. Also a pop up that says the script on the page is faulty and do I want to run...
  7. Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.: WinVer 17134.1184 Hi, I am facing an issue when adding my Google Gmail account in the Mail app. It shows an error as: [ATTACH] It's been occurring for three days and I can't find a solution to that so please help me to solve it. Thanks, Regards, Jyotirmay Kumar...
  8. Windows wanting to "control" my gmail account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows wanting to "control" my gmail account?: When trying to repair my gmail accounts attached to my Outlook why do I keep getting the window stating that Windows wants to "control, delete, basically take over" my accounts? If I say no, my email accounts stay out of date?...
  9. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  10. Adding my picture to my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding my picture to my account: I went into my account and wanted to add my picture. I tried right clicking on it the pic there. Don't see an option for it . Not in my stats either. I see a lot of blank pics so looks like a lot of us don't know how to do it. 57789