Windows 10: Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer

Discus and support Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently received my computer back from the ASUS repair shop. It had been returned to factory settings. I bought it in 2017. To log in I created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Phakers, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Phakers Win User

Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer

I recently received my computer back from the ASUS repair shop. It had been returned to factory settings. I bought it in 2017.

To log in I created a local account. I transferred my files back into the c and d drives.

When I went into settings to add my Microsoft account I got the following message: "Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." ASUS tech support updated all my drivers and updates to current settings.

I also tried to add my account in safe mode but got the error message, "Something went wrong. Try again" I repeated and got the same message.

Has anyone had a similar issue and resolved it?

:)

Phakers, Apr 20, 2021
  2. johnpd Win User

Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts set up on my computers and I don't particularly want a Microsoft account user set up as I will never use it. With the latest Win10 versions apparently Microsoft wants all computers to have a Microsoft account user set up as they make it very difficult to set up a local user as the first account. Does anyone have any way around this? I am not sure what listing this device on your account buys you.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 20, 2021
  3. TomWtsn Win User
    Adding a computer to my microsoft account device list

I have an HP desktop. The processor overheated and the motherboard and processor were damaged and had to be replaced, this computer was on my Microsoft Account device list prior to the overheating problem and now its not, nor can I add it to my device list
    as I suppose its no longer an HP computer after the repair.

I would like to get it back on my device list as I thought it would be a good idea to do so as I plan to upgrade from 7 to 10.

Is there a way I can get this desktop added to my device list? Thanks

TomWtsn, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer

Huge problem - My Microsoft account was added to a friends computer as THE ONLY account

Hi,

If you've unintentionally added your Microsoft account to a different computer, you have the option to remove it by simply signing in to your Microsoft account. Here's how you can do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
      here.
    • Click your friend's computer name under Devices.
    • Select Remove PC.

By doing the steps above, your friend will lose his access to the entire account and will be asked by the system to create a new one. He'll no longer be able to access all files and apps your account currently has.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer

1. Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer - Similar Threads - Adding Microsoft account

2. Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a phone number to my Microsoft account.: Hi,I am trying to add a phone number to my Microsoft account. I am able to input my phone number and receive a code, but then keep getting an error message that says, "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This has been happening consistently for...
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  5. Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account": I hope this is the right group, I use two laptops, when I sign into my Microsoft Account, it is only showing one. I would like for it to show both. But when I click add device it's only talking about xbox's, and such, is there any way to add a second computer....
  6. adding a device to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding a device to my microsoft account: I cant seem to add another PC to my account even though it says I have up to 10 available to add. When I go to the add device screen it doesn't appear, says my device is turned off which it isn't and then when I try to add a device it just takes me back to the instruction...
  7. Problems adding money to my Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems adding money to my Microsoft account: ***I couldn't find an appropriate category to place this question in, so if a Mod can move my question to a more appropriate category, I would be really grateful*** Hi, I have now tried twice to add £10 to my Microsoft account via my laptop, so that in turn, my daughter...
  8. adding money to my sons microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    adding money to my sons microsoft account: ive been on hold for 3 days,2 no call backs and a wealth of no help im just trying to add money to my sons account for his birthday I keep getting a message saying I need to contact support,i did and they couldn't help.said they would call back and never did(thanks j.d.)...
  9. Trouble adding my school account to microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble adding my school account to microsoft: Hello, I keep getting this error message when I try to sign in to windows with my school account. I have microsoft office through my school, but it won't let me login with my school account and keeps spitting out this error message: [ATTACH]...
  10. Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.: I have three Computers listed under my Microsoft acct. I just want to add a forth one to it. I can't seem to add it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-computer-to-microsoft-account/44045e35-a970-4ad5-b7f8-75f3abb760ef"