Windows 10: adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App.

Discus and support adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't have all the features to edit a video. I don't seem to be able to add narration or my own music to the library of background music. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by olgamidgley, Feb 6, 2020.

1. adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App.

I don't have all the features to edit a video. I don't seem to be able to add narration or my own music to the library of background music. On the window of background music in this video there are 2 options: recommended and your own music. I don't have my own music. I am unable to mix my own music with my own narration. How do I enable all the features as in this video from the official windows youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0JPLpN8t8

many thanks.

:)

olgamidgley, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

adding background music to video

You need a video editing program to do that. Because you tell you have no experience, I recommend you start with a free one before spending money, to see if video editing is something you might get interested in.

In my opinion, the absolutely easiest to use and by far the best of all free editors is OpenShot (OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!)

It is Open Source (Open source - Wikipedia), free with no hidden costs for additional features.

When installed, run OpenShot. List numbers refer to numbers in screenshot:
    1. Select Project Files
    2. Click + to browse to and import your video
    3. Video will be added to Project Files
    4. Drag the video to timeline, to any free track. Be sure to add video so that beginning of it touches the red vertical line at beginning of the track
    5. Right click video track, select Separate Audio > Single clip

adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App. [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Audio will be separated from video and moved to another track. Select the audio track, right click it and select Remove Clip:

Audio track will be cleared, the original audio of your video removed.

Import your music file to Project Files exactly as you imported the video, and drag it to any free track.

Usually the added audio track is not the same length than the video. If your music lasts longer than the video, go to end of timeline and drag audio track content so that it ends at the same point than video:

If your music track is shorter than video, you can add it again at the end of current audio track.

Now you can export (save) the video:

That's it! Easy, fast and free.

Note Please notice that if you want to publish the video on social media, YouTube and such, you must own copyrights for audio and video content, or have copyright owner's permission. On my 100+ Windows videos, when I feel the video needs some background music, I use the copyright free music from YouTube. Another free source is the Free Music Archive.

Kari, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Adding music to video projects

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which app are you referring to add music to Video projects?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC?

Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details’.

If you’re referring to Photos app for adding music to Video projects, I suggest you to refer the section
    Create videos from the article Photos help.

If the issue still persists, get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 6, 2020
  4. adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App.

editing video in windows 10 photo app

Thanks for the information.

If the issue happened after installing the Polarr Pro, we suggest that you uninstall the app first and check if the photo app will work.

To uninstall a program in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Look for Programs and Features.
    • Right-click Polarr Pro.
    • Click Uninstall.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App.

1. adding my own music to videos which are being edited in Photos App. - Similar Threads - adding own music

2. Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo: I am using the application in Win10 with local storage, and am trying to insert a photo in a 4 minute videoclip. 1. It gets placed at the end, but I want it at a precise point to illustrate what is being said. 2. I need to retain the audio track while the photo is...
  3. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  4. Is the music in Microsoft's PHOTOS App for Video Editing Royalty-Free Music

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is the music in Microsoft's PHOTOS App for Video Editing Royalty-Free Music: Is the music in Microsoft's PHOTOS App for Video Editing Royalty-Free Music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-music-in-microsofts-photos-app-for-video/39970ae4-d6b1-41c6-900c-13a416cfe18c
  5. Photos app - creation or editing of videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos app - creation or editing of videos: I have purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home 1903 version not an "N" version as far as I can see. The Photos app does not allow the creation or editing of videos, despite updating the app. This is really important to me. Is there a media pack or something else I can...
  6. Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app

Adding custom audio to videos while editing in Microsoft Photos app: I don't have all the features to edit a video. I don't seem to be able to add narration or my own music to the library of background music. On the window of background music in this video there are 2 options: recommended and your own music. I don't have my own music. I am...
  7. Adding music in Microsoft Photo App

Adding music in Microsoft Photo App: I am trying to add music file to a single photo using Microsoft Photo App (Windows 10). I read the "how to" and watched videos, but am still clearly missing something. Here's the problem: I adjusted the duration of the picture on storyboard to match the length of the song...
  8. Adding my music to a custom video on Microsoft Photo app

Adding my music to a custom video on Microsoft Photo app: Hello! I've completed my video and I'm trying to add my own music which I purchased from ITunes. I clicked Audio -> Music -> My music -> found the song and clicked done. But when I play the video, the music is not coming up. The audio from the App isn't muted as I can...
  9. Windows Photo app: how to move the added music in a created video

Windows Photo app: how to move the added music in a created video: Hi there, I am creating a video with Microsofts Photo app. I added music, but the song only plays at the beginning of the video and not at the later point where I want that song. How can I move the song to a later point in my video? Thanks Denise_099...
  10. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...