Windows 10: Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Discus and support Adding Netflix app to my childs account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ceejay578, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Ceejay578 Win User

Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is Netflix stored so I can add it directly from the browse button? I have changed the age permissions to show everything but it is still not showing in my list. I really don't want them to continue having full access to everything just so they can watch their favourite Netflix shows. I already have to delete over 15 apps every time I shut the PC down because they just go in and download anything! Thanks

:)

Ceejay578, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Ceejay578 Win User

Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved
    apps? Where is Netflix stored so I can add it directly from the browse button? I have changed the age permissions to show everything but it is still not showing in my list. I really don't want them to continue having full access to everything just so they
    can watch their favourite Netflix shows. I already have to delete over 15 apps every time I shut the PC down because they just go in and download anything! Thanks

Ceejay578, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Windows 10 tablet - child account cannot download apps or games

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried removing the Child account and re-adding it, but I get the same results.

Removing the Child account permanently does not meet my needs -- I need the Child account to be able to install apps.

Is there any troubleshooting steps or logs I could examine to determine why the Get button on this page is disabled?

Peter314159, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding Netflix app to my childs account - Similar Threads - Adding Netflix app

2. Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.: I added funds to my child's account so that he could purchase the Minecraft Starter Edition on his computer. When I received the adult/parent approval request, I clicked on the "approve" option. Instead of allowing him to purchase it with the funds I added to his account, it...
  3. Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.: I added funds to my child's account so that he could purchase the Minecraft Starter Edition on his computer. When I received the adult/parent approval request, I clicked on the "approve" option. Instead of allowing him to purchase it with the funds I added to his account, it...
  4. Adding REALMS To Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding REALMS To Child Account: I'm trying to add a REALMS subscription to an account monitored by Microsoft Family Safety. I was able to get an XBOX Game Pass Ultimate on this account but I can't seem to get REALMS to subscribe. It doesn't give much info on how to do it...just shows this...What is the...
  5. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  6. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  7. adding my child's phone to my microsoft account

adding my child's phone to my microsoft account: Hello...I am trying to add my child's phone to my microsoft account, the only option I am given when trying to add a device is to add an XBOX and it asks for the serial number. My child is already on my account and her PC is listed as a device under her name, but I have not...
  8. Adding device to child's account

Adding device to child's account: Hello, I am trying to add a device to my child's account. I see the device in the device page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and it is listed under my name and not my child's. When I look at devices linked to my child, I get a page with a message: "We don't see...
  9. A fake child has been added to my account

A fake child has been added to my account: They have an "all-mail.net" email address. I tried to remove consent so I could remove the account, but the page is blank when I click on 'manage child profile info'. This is the SECOND time I have been hacked this year, and customer support is absolutely NO HELP....
  10. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Netflix app to my childs account: Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is...