Windows 10: Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Discus and support Adding Netflix app to my childs account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ceejay578, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Ceejay578 Win User

Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is Netflix stored so I can add it directly from the browse button? I have changed the age permissions to show everything but it is still not showing in my list. I really don't want them to continue having full access to everything just so they can watch their favourite Netflix shows. I already have to delete over 15 apps every time I shut the PC down because they just go in and download anything! Thanks

:)

Ceejay578, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Ceejay578 Win User

Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved
    apps? Where is Netflix stored so I can add it directly from the browse button? I have changed the age permissions to show everything but it is still not showing in my list. I really don't want them to continue having full access to everything just so they
    can watch their favourite Netflix shows. I already have to delete over 15 apps every time I shut the PC down because they just go in and download anything! Thanks

Ceejay578, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

Windows 10 tablet - child account cannot download apps or games

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried removing the Child account and re-adding it, but I get the same results.

Removing the Child account permanently does not meet my needs -- I need the Child account to be able to install apps.

Is there any troubleshooting steps or logs I could examine to determine why the Get button on this page is disabled?

Peter314159, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding Netflix app to my childs account - Similar Threads - Adding Netflix app

2. A fake child has been added to my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A fake child has been added to my account: They have an "all-mail.net" email address. I tried to remove consent so I could remove the account, but the page is blank when I click on 'manage child profile info'. This is the SECOND time I have been hacked this year, and customer support is absolutely NO HELP....
  3. add computer to my child's account

add computer to my child's account: How do I add a computer to my child's account? I have added 3 devices to my older son's account, but he complains that hi gets shut off, but his younger brothers does not................. I am seeing no option of "adding another device" to my child's account....???...
  4. Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue

Adding a child to xbox - adding funds issue: Hi, I am attempting to add a child through the family section on Xbox and it is asking for 50p to be added to the child account before I can do this. My issue is that on my Microsoft account on the section to add funds on to child's account it continuously says please try...
  5. Child account

Child account: In a family account does each member have their own username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account/d65f128a-8426-4d48-92ac-49c946496ea8"
  6. Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop

Adding an existing family account child to a new laptop: I have a new laptop and I want to give my child who is already in my Microsoft Family access. How do it? I don't want to send him an invitation because he already exists....
  7. Adding Netflix app to my childs account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Netflix app to my childs account: Hi, I am trying to set up parental controls on my PC and I have locked down any apps for over 7's. My 2 boys (aged 5 and 2) have their own profiles on Netflix which only allow them to watch kids programs. How can I add this app onto my list of approved apps? Where is...
  8. Adding a friend on the Nintendo Switch disallowed on child account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a friend on the Nintendo Switch disallowed on child account?: Hello. I would like to add myself (the adult in our Microsoft account family) to my son's Friends list on the Nintendo Switch. He is already in the Family, and I've been over the Family FAQ to no avail. How can I enable him to look up gamertags so he can have friends...
  9. Adding a Device to My Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a Device to My Account: I accidentally removed a new computer from my Microsoft account. How can I add it again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/adding-a-device-to-my-account/e4dd57b7-bb02-4c40-9b5a-9b64328f9440"
  10. Child accounts

Child accounts: Does anyone use child accounts on Windows 10? We have multiple user logins and one of these is a child account. Our son is not actively using it as he is a bit young but thought I'd get it setup. Trouble is unlike the adult accounts it is really frustrating to use with edge....