Windows 10: Adding new 8TB internal Seagate Storage

Discus and support Adding new 8TB internal Seagate Storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased an 8TB Seagate internal drive for extra storage. After plugging it all in I get the "Your Pc ran into a problem and needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CRhymes, Feb 28, 2021.

1. CRhymes Win User

Adding new 8TB internal Seagate Storage

I recently purchased an 8TB Seagate internal drive for extra storage. After plugging it all in I get the "Your Pc ran into a problem and needs to restart," screen. I have never had any issue adding storage before. I thought it was a bad drive so I replaced it with the same one a second time and it still crashes. Any ideas what this could be?

:)

CRhymes, Feb 28, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Thecus Adds Support for 8TB Seagate Enterprise 3.5 Hard Drives

Thecus today announced the addition of Seagate's 8TB Enterprise 3.5 hard drives to its compatibility list. By incorporating Seagate's 8TB HDD, Thecus NAS users will be able to maximize storage capacity while experiencing enhanced performance and reliability.

Boasting the industry's best response times for 8TB Drives, the Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD leverages comprehensive advanced caching technology to reach unparalleled data transfer speeds. Other advanced technologies including PowerBalance, PowerChoice, and Raid Rebuilt enables users to customize their big data requirements and optimize TCO.

Adding new 8TB internal Seagate Storage 6a_thm.jpg

"Providing compatibility to new, cutting-edge technologies is essential to Thecus and allows users to utilize the best the industry has to offer with their Thecus NAS, said Florence Shih, CEO at Thecus Technology Corp. Pairing the 8TB Seagate Enterprise 3.5 Hard Drives with Thecus NAS empower organizations using big data with a reliable, high capacity storage solution."

To discover the full range of HDD compatibility for Thecus NAS, please visit this page.

btarunr, Feb 28, 2021
  3. External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?

Right, The Storage Drive is one having issues maybe as well, as takes like 3-5 hours to do system image of that one for some reason. Windows Drive is 128GB M.2 Nvme

8tb will run that test anytime here, soon as i get it plugged into Desktop and get it going... currently starting benchmark on Hitachi Storage drive in Laptop, those screenshots should be up later on this evening if all goes as planned lol

**Note Free Version of HD Tune doesn't see the fulll 8TB of the External, it sees up to 2199GB fyi** Continues with error scan as instructed though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Results from Hitachi Storage drive on Laptop are below

8TB results will be added when that is done in approximately 19-20 hours lol

Seagate Tools Generic scan of 8tb will be over night yet, unless don't need to now--but might do it anyways just so i cover everything

AMDMan2016, Feb 28, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Seagate Extends Warranty on Maxtor Internal Hard Drives

Seagate Technology, the worldwide leader in hard disc drives and consumer storage solutions, today announced a three-year limited warranty, effective immediately, on every Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit that is now shipping worldwide. Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits are designed for users who want to replace or upgrade their internal hard drives in their PC or Mac. This move shows Seagate's continued commitment to its retail customers, giving them more storage choices, while providing best-in-class warranty protection, service and support on the world's most reliable hard drives. The new three-year limited warranty applies retroactively to all Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Kits in retail channel inventory, or purchased by consumers on or after October 1, 2006.

For early shoppers, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit is a perfect gift for that special someone who wants to upgrade their computer hard drive, giving it more capacity and the speed needed for demanding multimedia applications such as games and video. Consumers looking to upgrade to the premium version of Microsoft Windows Vista will also require more than 10GB of free hard drive space to load the operating system, and will need faster data transfer rates to obtain and enjoy a best-in-class computing experience from Microsoft.

This holiday season, digital cameras are also expected to be one of the hottest gift items according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). With this, consumers will be shooting more and more digital photos and downloading them on to their internal computer hard drive. Topping off at 500GB, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit not only satisfies the needs of this storage-intensive application, but also provides ample capacity for downloading the Internet's media-rich content such as music, video, photos, files and games. With Maxtor Retail Hard Drives by Seagate, consumers can rest assured in knowing that their data is stored on a trusted and reliable hard drive.

"Whether it's an internal hard drive or a simple to use external storage and backup solution, Seagate has a product for everyone," said Jim Druckrey, senior vice president and general manager for Seagate Branded Solutions. "Our Maxtor Branded Retail Kits include an industry leading drive manufactured by Seagate, giving consumers the quality assurance and reliability the industry has come to expect from Seagate. The positive response we have received from our retail partners is a testament to their confidence in our ability to deliver products that blend value, innovative storage technology and reliability."

Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits come in capacities up to 500GB and include components users need to install the new hard drive - mounting screws, a PATA or SATA cable and step-by-step instructions, making it easy to upgrade their PC or Mac. Maxtor Hard Drive Retail Kits are available at retailers worldwide. Suggested retail price ranges from $79.95 for 80GB to $239.95 for 500GB. For more information, please visit www.maxtorsolutions.com.

Source: Seagate

malware, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Adding new 8TB internal Seagate Storage - Similar Threads - Adding 8TB internal

2. 8TB internal hard drive not found on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    8TB internal hard drive not found on my computer.: I recently purchased and installed an 8TB internal hard drive. I looked up if I needed to activate the hard drive, then when I went to Disk Management, it doesn't look like it found the hard drive. I've connected the cable needed, but nothing. Did I do something wrong? Or is...
  3. Seagate 8TB Drive Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate 8TB Drive Issues: Hello All Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1055 M.2 Boot drive Windows Defender fully up to date/Malwarebytes 4.4.0 Free Fully up to date as well Issue is: Slow External Drive when writing or reading from it, Ran Part way with Disk Genius verify/bad sector scan, when i stopped it...
  4. Seagate 8TB Desktop Freezes PC, won't show in PC

Seagate 8TB Desktop Freezes PC, won't show in PC: Hi Community,I am really having a nightmare with my External Seagate HDD 8TB Desktop Drive.I have tried multiple ways to fix it but it can't be and I just want to know what is the issue that causes all of this so I will be aware of this and won't let it happen again on my...
  5. Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more

Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more: Hello! If I am correct, Windows 10 64-bit can handle a hard disk up to 16TB, so I should not have any problem installing a new 8TB or 10TB SATA hard disk in my system (see my specs). However, I must be 100% sure before buying. My motherboard is an Asus P8H61 (socket Intel...
  6. Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more: Hello! If I am correct, Windows 10 64-bit can handle a hard disk up to 16TB, so I should not have any problem installing a new 8TB or 10TB SATA hard disk in my system (see my specs). However, I must be 100% sure before buying. My motherboard is an Asus P8H61 (socket Intel...
  7. External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?

External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?: Hello All Not sure if the drive itself is having issues or if it's working by design, and the slow with Macirum backups on Laptop machine to the USB 3.0 Enclosure is working as normal, average is 3-5 hours for 1 full image of the month to go, then 2 Sundays after first of...
  8. Internal Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Storage: Hello, I recently purchased a 1TB internal storage laptop for my nephews and I wanted to know why the storage has been divided to two? 500GB to each one of us. Can I give more storage for him since he will be the one who will be using this more than me for his school. Or is...
  9. Seagate Backup plus portable storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate Backup plus portable storage: I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to my laptop now, the laptop does not see it, the indicator light comes on the Seagate portable storage device but the laptop...
  10. Having troubles with 8Tb Seagate drives

Having troubles with 8Tb Seagate drives: I went and bought 2 8Tb drives as one 3Tb and one 4Tb had died and I thought I would "bite the bullet". I have an Asus Z87 motherboard on a system about a year old(?). I also have an SI-PEX40071 8 port SATA 3 PCIe card and a fully updated Windows 10 *Biggrin I tried the...