Windows 10: Adding new PC to ms acct

Discus and support Adding new PC to ms acct in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So i want to add my ms acct to my new pc. but it is not there. I am signed into ms acct. When I go to the MS store it shows my xbox, another pc and my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GhostInAShell, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Adding new PC to ms acct

So i want to add my ms acct to my new pc. but it is not there. I am signed into ms acct. When I go to the MS store it shows my xbox, another pc and my phone. I already have it repaired/up to date.

:)

GhostInAShell, Jan 9, 2021
  2. NickTh Win User

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    MS Acct vs Local acct

Sorry but as far as I am concerned it's exactly the opposite. Local account in Windows cannot be two step authenticated, if someone let's say could physically use my computer when I am not present he could try after trying to get in to a local account and although most probably not having any luck (I use quite strong passwords), I would never even know about that.

With an MS Account I have absolutely no worries. I can give you my MS Account email and password and you would still never get in to my account to check my mail, not to speak about into security settings to change my password or other security options. Always on a new browser, one I have not yet verified, or on a new computer, the two step verification jumps in.

Nobody else can sign in to my MS Accounts.

I thought this about MS Account and how to start using the Two Step Verification might interest others, too, so I spent my insomniac night doing this video:

Brink's excellent tutorial at our sister site the Eight Forums: Microsoft Account Two Step Verification - Turn On or Off

Kari, Jan 9, 2021
  4. LindaDoup Win User

Adding new PC to ms acct

unable to log into Microsoft acct.

I am unable to log into MS acct. I have changed PW several times and whenever I try to log in, it says unable to log in at this time try later. For some reason, there was a "generic" acct added to my site and I have deleted that acct. I created a new
    acct, and would like for that acct to become my default however it continues to default to the acct I cant access..It indicates my ATT. acct needs attention.

this is driving me nuts!! if you have any suggestions, please help..

thanks,

LindaDoup, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Adding new PC to ms acct

1. Adding new PC to ms acct - Similar Threads - Adding acct

2. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  3. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  4. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  5. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  6. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT: HOW CAN i ADD MY DELL 9020 PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-pc-to-my-microsoft-acct/d4899065-411b-4e34-9ac5-fab765a9a8a0
  7. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT: HOW CAN i ADD MY DELL 9020 PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-pc-to-my-microsoft-acct/d4899065-411b-4e34-9ac5-fab765a9a8a0
  8. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

9. New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page...

in Windows 10 Customization
    New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page...: I setup a new user account and gave it administrative control. When I try to open to use the user account from the login screen, the windows 10 is not loading, it has a black screen of death and then the Microsoft account community welcome page. I am able to press the windows...
  10. why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct: hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it has been adding more then 1 user acct on it which i dont need. is there a way to get around this ?...