Windows 10: Adding new SSD to system with 2x Raid 0 drives. What will happen if I try?

Discus and support Adding new SSD to system with 2x Raid 0 drives. What will happen if I try? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I would like to add an SSD to my oldish desktop which currently has two identical standard hard drives set up in RAID 0. I can't obviously add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Burybellringer, May 13, 2020.

1. Adding new SSD to system with 2x Raid 0 drives. What will happen if I try?

Hello

I would like to add an SSD to my oldish desktop which currently has two identical standard hard drives set up in RAID 0. I can't obviously add a third drive, as then the RAID 0 would not work. If I disconnect the two drives temporarily to install WIndows 10 on a new SSD, allocate the SSD to first boot drive then reconnect the two RAID 0 drives as drives two and three, what will happen? Just a thought. Those much greater knowledge than I have please bear with my ignorance! I have looked for answers and information without much success. If it won't work, then so be it, but I would like to know one way or the other. :-

Many thanks for any help given.

Burybellringer.

:)

Burybellringer, May 13, 2020
  2. Pinscher Win User

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, May 13, 2020
  3. russelluk Win User
    Raid 0 ssd drive

Hi

thanks for your reply I forgot to mention I have 2x samsung ssd drives 256 gig in raid 0 But like I said I don't see any folder that my photos are in when I run recuva. Maybe garbage collection has deleted these files but I did not expect garbage collection to be so aggressive if this is the case.

Thanks

Russell

russelluk, May 13, 2020
  4. Wizzaer Win User

Adding new SSD to system with 2x Raid 0 drives. What will happen if I try?

Windows 10 IDE-ACHI-Raid Drive problems

I have noticed a number of problems with the ide-achi-raid drives for windows 10.

First my intel raid 0 drive is notice by windows 10 as a ssd drive. if i update intel software no change.

second if I install the marvell sata 6g from windows 10 install or any driver. The windows system see the drive connected as a HDD, yet if i use standard achi drivers its noticed as a ssd.

On the Intel array i have 2x wd HDD 500gb as a raid 0

marvell chip has a samsung ssd 850 pro.

and the last problem is i have windows 10 installed on me ssd drive, yet if i go in to devices it think the system in on the raid drive.

Wizzaer, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Adding new SSD to system with 2x Raid 0 drives. What will happen if I try?

1. Adding new SSD to system with 2x Raid 0 drives. What will happen if I try? - Similar Threads - Adding SSD system

2. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  3. Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Boot Raid-0 to Single SSD: My Win11 boot is two 500GB M.2 drives mounted as a RAID-0 array not my original choice - and they're running out of room. I want to change the boot to a new single 1TB SSD drive. I have three other internal HDDs mounted additional volumes and two external HDDs for backup and...
  4. Add new SSD drive to RAID-1 machine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add new SSD drive to RAID-1 machine?: My PC runs Windows 10 Home 20H2 off a RAID-1 HD (configuration: BIOS-> SATA->RAID). I would like to add a new, separate SSD drive to this system. Can this be done without interfering with the existing RAID-1? 178225
  5. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  6. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...
  7. System Backup before RAID 0

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Backup before RAID 0: Hey Guys, I am planning on doing a RAID 0 with my two 1TB HDD's and I was wondering if a system image backup onto an external HDD will work for restoring my OS, programs, and files to the newly raided drives. 87071
  8. Raid 0 ssd drive

Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  9. Question about SSD RAID 0

Question about SSD RAID 0: I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I put in my personal laptop back in May. I also have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I just put in my desktop a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking about wiping both, and using both in my desktop for a RAID 0 configuration since I don't use my...
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...